10 Things That Make Me Happy: {frolic!}
Happy Monday lovelies! I hope all of you had a fabulous weekend. San Francisco had a sunny and warm (very rare) weekend. I hit up the ferry building farmers market, had a wonderful girls night out, scored at the Alameda Flea Market for a client and bought a WHITE television (so giddy about it)!
Today, I'm thrilled to welcome a fellow Portlander, Chelsea from Frolic! She splits her time between floral and prop styling and blogging at Frolic!, her daily lifestyle blog. Every shoot I've seen that she has styled is perfectly put together. She's got a great eye for design, that is very unique.
Please welcome Chelsea, I guarantee you'll be wanting more than a couple of items that make her happy.
***********************************************************************
Thank you to Caitlin for having me on her blog today! I love chatting with Caitlin on Twitter and am so excited about her recent wedding. Here are 10 things I am currently obsessed with. As usual, it's hard for me to focus, so this list encompasses the lifestyle genre as well as fashion and decor.

1. Jamie Oliver + his magazine! Friends and family make fun of me because I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know about this guy. I am obsessed with his recipes, cooking style (he cooks in fire pits outside on beaches and in forests!), his brand, and his philanthropic business philosophy. I simply adore his new (ish) magazine. It has gorgeous food photography and great recipes. You can buy it in the states at Borders. I think it's around $10.

2. Wisteria Saipua Candle. It is soy based so no worries about all those scary chemicals usually found in most scented candles. I simply adore the faint, floral fragrance and I burn it everyday at my home. $40 at Bird. If you are a fellow Portlander, come buy it at Ink and Peat.

3. Mock Orange. Spring is my favorite season for flowers. I go mad for Mock Orange. It's a sprawling shrub with sweet scented, apple blossom-like flowers. Photo from Flickr. $19.95 at Wayside Gardens.

4. Bentwood Chairs. I am fixated on getting a painted Bentwood Chair for my new place. $150 at The Conran Shop. Much cheaper if you find one on Craigslist and paint it!

5. Wellies. I wear mine every single day and they make me super happy, especially since I live in the rainy NW. When I was in Sweden, I noticed all the girls wore Wellies , even with fancy dresses! Navy Hunter Wellies, Farfetch.com, $122.00.

6. Fog Linen. I am obsessed with Fog Linen table cloths from Japan. I love simple, organic table settings and these are perfect. Available at DWR for $110. Photo from Fog Linen.
7. Baskets. I love how they quickly warm up a room and make it feel lived in. I have a knitting basket from my great-grandmother that I simply adore having around to stash current projects in. This one is from Summerill and Bishop and is 55 British Pounds.
8. Pretty Sheets. If you haven't read this article by Rita Konig on how to make a bed, I highly recommend it. I am pining for these lovely striped sheets from Jigsaw. 95 British Pounds.
9. Slouchy Pants. When I was in Europe last summer, all the girls were wearing slouchy, elastic cuffed pants. It looked so chic. This linen pair from Built By Wendy look adorable. $169.00
10. Striped Top. I know all the other blog girls love them too, but that won't stop me. Stripes are classic and fun! Vintage Beateau Top at J.Crew. $35.00
Labels: 10 Things that Make Me Happy, guest post


13 Comments:
gorgeous list!!
I agree, food tastes so much nicer outdoors.
No surprise that I love Chelsea's list - so perfectly her!
Thanks ladies for sharing!!
Great List, great taste!
Sometimes I wish I lived in a rainier city to wear my wellies more!!!!
Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com
lovely list. I'm currently obsessed with my wellies as well...not out of desire, but out of necessity! Also spent the weekend searching for a bentwood chair in some need of TLC, but apparently everyone who has one in London realizes how amazing they are...grrr.
lovely to see so many european (UK) shop/interests in there!
Brittany
A very classy list!
gorgeous selections chelsea! i love stripes too! i ordered two of those j.crew tops because i know i will wear it out!
Fantastic list - as expected from Chelsea, always love this series...
xo
Oh I love this list
Thanks for the comments and thanks, Caitlin for letting me be part of your series!
Love your list Chelsea and fun blog Caitlin! I am loving so many things on your list, especially those striped sheets and that table cloth. Too cute!
I love your list! Especially the pink stripey sheets and wellies :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home