Blogger's Summer Reading List
There is something about summer that makes me want to lay in the sun and enjoy a wonderful new book. Maybe it’s because summer is all about relaxing? Maybe it’s because I’m lazy and don’t want to work? But I’m all about a good summer read. So, I asked some of my favorite bloggers to chime in on their favorite reads for this summer – if you don’t already have a stack of books on you're bedside table, your bound to have one after you read these reviews. Enjoy!

Caitlin
The Help: My mom handed me this book and said “It’s so good – you won’t be able to put it down.” I knew it had to be good.
Beginner’s Greek: A couple days before our wedding I headed over to our local book store for a stack of books. I felt lost (had a lot on my mind, wink wink) – a girl my age working said “since you have ‘Girls in Trucks’ in your hand, you’ll enjoy this as well.” I couldn’t put it down on the plane.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: I’m still smiling and thinking about all of the wonderful characters. If I had the time, and of course the money, I'd be booking a trip for Guernsey right this very minute.

The Happiness Project: I was told it's a great book to read in your first year of marriage
Chelsea Handler - My Horizontal Life: This was a bachelorette party gift - so I could live vicariously through Chelsea's exploits. It's damn funny.
Vogue Italia: I bought it in the Marco Polo airport on our way homefrom the honeymoon just so I could keep drooling over italian fashion and try to keep up my italian vocabulary now that we're back home!

All You Need to Be Impossibly French: Full of entertaining interviews and the author's own experiences in France, this book is full fabulous french secrets and all you need to know about that certain "je ne sais qoui". It's a really great read!
French Women Don't Get Fat: A favourite of mine, complete with delicious french recipes, I love reading Mireille's take on life and living it to the fullest - the french way of course. I could read Mireille's books over and over again and still learn something new about french culture.
Entre Nous: A Women's Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl: My latest read, Entre Nous, is about the french girl in all of us. I loved how much I could actually relate to this book... plus, the author includes all kinds of helpful little lists, along with book and movie recommendations.

Sarah
Stuff Every Woman Should Know: The perfect, light read, with easy-to-understand instructions and insights into some of the most common things, such as changing a flat tire, selecting a signature scent, throwing a cocktail party, and much, much more!
The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Grace Under Pressure: Extreme Etiquette for the Stickiest, Trickiest, Most Outrageous Situations of Your Life: This book is exactly how it sounds—a lovely, slightly humorous read with real-life scenarios, offering the proper way to deal with even the most unnerving situations. Perfect for the modern businesswoman, who wishes to have grace…
A Thousand Days in Tuscany: The cover sold me. The words “Days”, “in” and “Tuscany” had me. I picked this up in the airport and cannot wait to begin reading it…
*And, an all-time favorite romantic read, Summer after Summer: The Blue Castle

Early Dawn by Catherine Anderson: A damsel in distress, a rogue cowboy...the perfect summer escape!
Where We Have to Go by Lauren Kirshner: The debut novel by a high school friend of mine, this coming-of-age tale takes place in my hometown. Toronto represent!
Clean by Alejandro Junger: If Gwyneth Paltrow tells me to read a book, I'll read it. And if she says it'll make me a trim and radiant as she is, I'll read it twice!
Labels: guest post, summer reading


22 Comments:
realy great list! love this post!
follow you on bloglovin' your blog is so interesting!!!
xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/
Thanks so much for including me Caitlin! I'm headed to the book store tonight for some new reads! There are sooo many great recommendations here... :)
Caitlin thank you so much, this is great Im actually looking for my next reads so this comes very handy!
I too was in LOVE with The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society!! I shared it with all of my friends and they all loved it!
I also really enjoyed "the opposite of love" by Julie Buxbaum. And i just finished Sloane Crosley's new book "How did you get this number?" and I really enjoyed that as well!
Terrific list. And a lot of new titles I haven't read yet. Thanks for sharing!
Caitlin, i love this list! Some are completely new to me, so can't wait to check some of them out. I also recently enjoyed An Italian Affair by SF writer Laura Fraser.
Louise
http://lifebeyondthelist.com
Just adored this piece - a;ways good to get recommendations on books - thanks Caitlin!
thank you for this great post, Caitlin. Book recommendations are always welcome :)
I want to hug this post. I love books and now I have a stack to add to my list!
Great list of books ~ I LOVED THE Help, and Danielle's list is filled with books I will forever keep on my bookshelf!
Thank you so much for having me, Caitlin! I really enjoyed learning about some new books that I cannot wait to buy... happy reading :)
xoxo
Okay where is my pen and paper, I'm making a list!
Thank you for all these great suggestions girls, they look wonderful.
xxx Dj
What a good list. So happy you put Beginner's Greek on it... definitely one of my favorite reads! Will be hitting the bookstore now :)
Great idea Caitlin, I love it! Even though its winter over in Sydney, curling up with a good book is delicious nonetheless xx
First time here. Glad I visited!
I am hopping on a plane to Sweden in exactly 2 weeks. I need to stock up on some good reads for the long flight. 1000 days in Tuscany might sound wonderful, but so does The Help and Early Dawn. (Good thing I have an equally long flight back).
ox, Mon
What a great idea for a post! Thank you and to each of the other contributors for all of the ideas for some much needed relaxing summer reading. =) Enjoy your weekend!
Loved The Help! In the midst of The Poisonwood Bible. And now Here's the rest of my current to-read list: http://perfectsentiment.blogspot.com/2010/05/summer-reading-list.html. Thanks for some new ideas!
Thank you so much for sharing this list! I don't know which one(s) to go buy first. I've already read a few that were listed but I am excited to go to my local Barnes and Noble armed with new suggestions....especially considering I'm currently reading Eat Love Pray for the 5th time! I do love that book but, really, I need something new to grace my bedside table.
Happy reading!
Darci Hether
I had a summer reading post-oriented week so I was so happy to stumble upon this + discover some fantastic new suggestions! Thanks + have a happy weekend, honey!
I spent long time at the bookstore yesterday picking and selecting books so this comes very handy! Borders, Amazon and library here I come! Great post. xoxo
What a fantastic list! Oh B&N is going to be so happy to see me walk through the door with my new list!
I agree summertime seems to be my time to read as much as I can. One of my favs is Lucia Lucia by Adrianna Trigani. She is an Italian girl and writes with such humor and most of her characters have a creative flair! Another one of my favs is Diane Von Furstenberg's Autobiography, its a inspiring read for any creative business owner!
What a great post! I definitely added a few books to my amazon wishlist! Esepcially loved your picks! :)
so many new-to-me books!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home