7.14.2010

making lemonade out of lemons

Although our newly painted apartment isn't even close to being done decorating wise - I'm embracing the new color.

Remember when I asked you your opinion on the grays? We decided to go with Harbor Gray – and while I was a bit nervous about it having the tiniest bit of blue in it, we went for it . . .

Thomas O'Brien's home is my new apartment inspiration.

Walking into our freshly painted apartment it turned out to be a grayish blue, but with time, some overhaul redecorating and finding the right accessories, I was able to fall in love with the color. The picture below is a sneak peek of our bay window decor - more will come in the future, but until then I wanted to show you my favorite corner.

That's the story - not everything turns out as we expect it to, but sometimes in the end it actually works out for the better.

Board (from top left clockwise): John Robshaw Ikat pillow, John Robshaw sheets, Bella Notte fabric, Astier de Villatte handmade pottery, Summer House rug swatch, Oly Studio mirror, and Williams Sonoma Home floor lamp.

{photos: Thomas O'Brien via coco+kelley and Erin Beach}

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Ludmila {creamylife.com} said...

I'm loving the corner by the window! the vase is so sophisticated and chic! Also, I slowly died when I saw the table, always loved the look of old, used furniture! Great choice with the color. xoxo

7/14/2010  
Anonymous Jacquelyn said...

at our firm we call those happy accidents!
one time, we specified two different tiles in one large space, but the contractor misread the drawings and ended up laying the tiles in a checkerboard pattern. It ended up looking FANTASTIC, so we kept it!

love your little corner. So sweet.

7/14/2010  
Blogger Liz said...

paint feels so unpredictable! It's so hard to know how it'll turn out, even when you test it you're not sure how it will look on an entire wall! I'm sure it is gorgeous. And that little corner is seriously divine!

7/14/2010  
Anonymous chelsea said...

wow.. your corner looks gorgeous. i love the flowers. do i spy mock orange?

7/14/2010  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Ludmilla - thanks! The vase is Astier - my favortie :)

Jacquelyn - That is going to be my new favorite saying "happy accidents" - love that interior designers have mistakes like me.

Chelsea - What a good detective! Yes, it's mock orange :)

7/14/2010  
Blogger Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

It's looking pretty lovely Caitlin! I can already tell I'm going to want your little table :) Can't wait to see the full reveal!

xo,
Crystal

7/14/2010  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Thanks Crystal! Can't wait for you to see the entire apartment in August - it's only two blocks from one photo shoot :)

7/14/2010  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

it's looking very very very nice Caitlin! well done!

7/14/2010  
Blogger A Perfect Gray said...

beautiful spot. and from what I can see, that wall looks lovely. The gray I used in our hall and upstairs den turned out more blue-ish, too, but I think that brightens the feel; makes it more airy feeling. I am so happy with it, too!

7/14/2010  
Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Nice! So far, I'm loving your inspiration. That is a great room -- I really like the layers and mix of textures, old and new. Very individual and unique... have fun :)

xoxo

7/14/2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home