Happy Happy Monday! This weekend I was a nervous wreck. My husband works for the SF Giants and they were down to the final games to clinch the playoffs - well they finally did in last night’s game. I'm so very proud of the Giants and my husband - it's what they've been working for this entire year!
Today, the lovely Cristin from Simplified Bee is guest blogging about her 10 things - I love everything on her list! Funny story about Cristin and I finally meeting. Although we only live about 30 minutes away from each other, we didn't meet for the first time in the Bay Area, we met in New York. When we met I knew that we would be instant friends and now we'll be meeting up in SF a lot more.
Thank you Cristin for your wonderful guest post!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hello Sacramento Street readers! I'm Cristin from Simplified Bee where I blog about home organization and interior design. Before moving down to the San Francisco Peninsula, I lived a couple blocks away from Sacramento Street in San Francisco. It’s still one of my favorite streets in the city. So it was the name of Caitlin’s lovely blog that first lead me here. And now I'm thrilled to be guest blogging today and am excited to share with you 10 things that make me happy.

One: Water.
Not only do I like drinking water, I grew up in Lake Tahoe, NV and loved living by a lake. The peaceful lake made me happy whether I was simply sitting by it, swimming in it or admiring it from a mountain top.

Two: Tea.
My husband lived in England before we met and learned how to make a great pot of tea. I know enjoy a cup of loose black leaf English Breakfast tea every morning {with a splash of organic milk}. I know green tea is better for us, but black tea has richness about it that I love.

{image via Flora Grubb}
Three: Gardening.
Tending to my garden makes me happy. It gives me time to reflect and clear my head. Lately, I have been planting lots of drought-tolerant succulents in the yard and containers. They are fun to combine and mix colors, textures and shapes.

Four: Letterpress.
Letterpress anything, but especially cards, invitations and announcements make me smile. I got hooked on letterpress ten years ago when planning my wedding. Dauphine Press helped me design the invitations and I still love them today {the above is not my invite, but a wedding Dauphine Press recently designed}. Gorgeous!

Five: Monograms.
There is no better way to personalize stationary, linens and home accessories than with a monogram. The colorful, monogrammed Lucite trays by Dabney Lee are a personal favorite!

Six: Vintage Designer Furniture.
Vintage designer furniture makes me happy. Currently, I adore “loop chairs” by design icon, Frances Elkins. This pair of Francis Elkins "loop chairs" with newly upholstered seats in China Seas Batic fabric, are available on 1st Dibs at David Duncan Antiques.

{image from Serena & Lily}
Seven: Stylish Organization.
Conquering clutter while still be style-savvy makes me happy. So when I spotted these chic, worldly and functional storage options at Serena & Lily , my heart went pitter patter. Made of hand-hammered aluminum in Indonesia, the Kuta Tin Boxes are stunning and would be a great to store craft supplies.

{image via John Robshaw}
Eight: Textiles.
Cotton, silks or linens. Dyed, printed, woven or stitched. My fascination and love for textiles is serious. Block prints, ikats and batiks are my current obsession. Above is a snippet of John Robshaw’s collection.

{image via Jonathan Adler}
Nine: iPhone.
My iPhone makes me happy. Checking emails, endless apps and Google maps on the go have made life simpler for a busy, carpooling mom like me. Even though I love my iPhone cover by Kate Spade, I am now thinking of springing for one of Jonathan Adler’s beauties.
{The Journey of the Bees Candles at Jayson Home & Garden}
Ten: Bees & Butterflies.
Full of symbolic meanings, bees and butterflies share several including rebirth, soul and purity. I love the busy bees for their high efficiency, teamwork and organization. Butterflies are also a favorite for the grace, beauty and hope they bring to my heart.


Labels: 10 Things that Make Me Happy, guest post
8 Comments:
Great feature ! I adore Cristin - she has impeccable taste! Such a delightful lady to spotlight today, and a wonderful designer too!
xo
Kate
Thanks Caitlin for having me today! It was such a pleasure meeting you in NY and look forward to hanging w you in SF. Go Giants!
xo,
cristin
So great to know Cristin better. Is there anything better than running your finger over a letterpress invite?! Ahh lovely!
What a great list, Cristin! I'm right with you on letterpress and those JA iPhone cases, perfect for a Mr. Bazaar!
Caitlin - hope your weekend was TOPS!
What an excellent post! I agree with one through ten!
And thanks for introducing me to The Simplified Bee..I just checked it out and I love it!
-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com
These are all wonderful - I agree with every single one! Thank you for sharing!
Love my Giants!! You have a very familiar last name to a Giants fan too?
Cristin it was such a pleasure meeting you, you are truly such a kind and genuine woman. And this list shows me how much we have in common. I adore water and tea far more than anyone should. I'd love a pot of English Breakfast every morning, sounds delightful!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home