4.06.2011

fresh for spring . . .


Yesterday, I took a trip to the Ferry Building to stroll around the farmers market - it's amazing the amount of recipe inspiration you can get by seeing what's in season. After I purchased artichokes, asparagus, basil and a big basket of strawberries all I wanted to do was go home and cook. But instead I started searching for recipes to make this week.

When I came across these mouth-watering recipes on What Kate Ate I began dreaming about warm spring nights filled with dinner parties and delicious food - if only San Francisco apartments had outdoor spaces. I'll definitely be cooking up this homemade pasta and salad this week, find these recipes here.

What are you cooking for dinner this week? I'm always on the lookout for new recipes.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Artichokes, asparagus, basil - now that sounds like the basis for a great meal! Hope you are keeping well, Caitlin! Miss you! xo

4/06/2011  
Blogger Beebs said...

That all sounds great! And, thanks for linking to 'What Katie Ate' I followed the link and I'm in love with that website! Thank you for sharing! xxxxxx

4/06/2011  
Anonymous Vanessa Elizabeth I Ruffled Rose said...

I love that chandelier! I'm such a sucker for outdoor dining.
I'm having a dinner party this week and on the menu is a mushroom risotto, roasted asparagus, spinach salad and chocolate espresso cookies.

4/06/2011  
Anonymous Molly said...

Yum, yum, yum! You need to make a delicious strawberry dessert, too! Strawberry shortcake screams spring/summer and it's so easy!
xxoo

4/06/2011  
Blogger travelkate said...

Have you tried out any recipes in the El Farol cookbook? I would love to try one this week!

4/06/2011  
Blogger ❤ Meghan said...

I love shopping at the Ferry Building, especially during the farmers' markets. Good luck with your recipes!

4/06/2011  
Anonymous South of Market said...

The pasta dish and salad sound delicious!

4/06/2011  
Blogger carolyn said...

love the ferry building inspiration! :) that outdoor chandelier is amazing too.

4/06/2011  
Blogger Katie said...

I've been drooling over What Kate Ate for a couple weeks now--I made the chili macaroni & cheese the day I saw her blog and it was INCREDIBLE.

4/08/2011  
Blogger Sobrina Tung said...

that is so beautiful! i would love having a table like that to host dinners at someday.

4/10/2011  
Blogger KC said...

Can't wait to BBQ's and dinners outside...BBQ'd asparagus are my absolute fave!

4/11/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home