9.23.2011

a dream come true . . .


As the season changes from summer to fall, I'm excited to announce my own transition into something new. It's been a longtime coming and I knew in my heart that one day I would finally break into the interior design world. Today, I'm excited to announce that I'll begin working as a Marketing/Design Assistant for Kendall Wilkinson Design!! I'm overjoyed with excitement - it's the direction I've been wanting to take my career in for a long time. With the help of my design mentor - who is like my fairy godfather - we made it happen. I will forever be grateful to him for the lessons he has taught me, and I look forward to the new lessons he will teach me throughout my career. Hopefully someday I'll be able to pay it forward to someone else.

While this is an exciting time, I'm sad to say goodbye to the team I have worked with for the past three and a half years. I've been given some amazing opportunities at Real Girls Network and it will always have a special place in my heart. The relationships I've developed, the lessons I have learned, and the projects I have worked on all exceeded my expectations more than I could have ever imagined when I started at RGN right out of college. It was an honor to work with everyone there, along with the new Meredith Corporation team that we joined a year ago.

Cheers to taking a leap and jumping into new endeavors! It's not every day that you get to follow your dreams. It's going to be quite a ride my dears (and don't worry, the blog isn't going anywhere)!

xx, Caitlin

Photo: In Fiore

Labels: ,

28 Comments:

Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

How super duper exciting! Congratulations, Caitlin and go you for following your dream career. Good luck with the new position! xx

9/23/2011  
Blogger Creategirl said...

YAY for taking the leap! I have always been impressed with Kendall's portfolio, truly beautiful work! You will fit right in there. Congrats, you deserve all the great opportunities that are coming your way!

9/23/2011  
Anonymous victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Congratulations, Caitlin!! Very exciting indeed. Have a glassy of bubbly tonight and celebrate!

9/23/2011  
Blogger Karlita said...

Congratulations Caitlin! I would dream to have a work like that! you deserve it! cheers!! oh and I loved the quote!

9/23/2011  
Anonymous Laney Crowell said...

WOW!!! Congratultions!!

xo
Laney

9/23/2011  
Blogger Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Congratulations, Ms. Caitlin! Cannot wait to see what else the future holds for you. How exciting!

Alaina

9/23/2011  
Blogger Olga Perfilieva said...

Congratulations on the new chapter, and what a great one it is! So happy for you. Glad that your blog is staying.

9/23/2011  
Anonymous Krista said...

This is wonderful - congrats on all of your hard work that it took to get you here and your new opportunity! <3

9/23/2011  
Blogger Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Caitlin ~

I'm overjoyed for you! Never did I doubt you would make your design dream a reality...congratulations!

Obviously, there are others out there who will soon see the gem they should have snagged {wink wink}!

Bisous,
Melissa

9/23/2011  
Blogger Savvy in San Francisco said...

Congratulations Caitlin! What an exciting next step! So happy for you to be pursuing what you are so passionate about! See you Monday to CHEERS you in person!

9/23/2011  
Blogger Kim said...

major congratulations caitlin! i'm so happy for you and can't wait to see what the future holds...xxx

9/23/2011  
Blogger sarahelizabeth said...

Congratulations! This sounds like it's going to be an amazing growth opportunity for you. Wishing you the best of luck and cannot wait to read about your adventures!

-Sarah
http://cursive-script.blogspot.com

9/23/2011  
Blogger Daniella said...

Congratulations Caitlin! How very exciting!

9/23/2011  
Blogger Valerie Wills Interiors said...

Congratulations - you will be fabulous - Kendall is lucky to have you.

9/23/2011  
Anonymous Adelle (the Fashionista Lab) said...

Congratulations Caitlin, you deserve this!

xo
Adelle

http://fashionistalab.com

9/23/2011  
Anonymous simone leblanc said...

Congrats on your new journey, Caitlin! You are going to do amazing, I can't wait to watch it all unfold!

9/23/2011  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Thank you all for the unconditional support! Means the world to me to have you all rooting for me. It's a dream job that I've always imagined getting - can't believe it's actually happening!

9/23/2011  
Blogger Arianna Belle said...

Congratulations Caitlin! You're going to do amazing! So exciting!!!

9/23/2011  
Blogger Logan said...

Aw, Caitlin, YAY! I know you have wanted this for a long time and am thrilled for you.

Cheers to taking the leap!

XO

9/25/2011  
Blogger travelkate said...

Congrats on the new endeavor! Sounds great!!

9/25/2011  
Blogger Daily Cup of Couture said...

congrats!! how very exciting!! ... and even better than you get to walk to work right down the street! so happy for you!

xx

9/25/2011  
Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Hello Caitlin,

Hope you had a fabulous weekend! I can only imagine how excited you are for this new adventure—seems perfect to me :) You deserve it—you are talented and lovely...

xx, Sarah

9/25/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very happy for you Caitlin!!! Aunt Lynne

9/26/2011  
Blogger Michaela said...

Caitlin! I'm thrilled for you! You're amazing (: What a dream job!

9/26/2011  
Blogger Natasha said...

Congratulations!! What a perfect pairing... Can't wait to hear more about it.

9/27/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats lovely, much to be proud of! Sending a virtual cheers your way! x

9/28/2011  
Blogger Barbie // Fringe and Feathers said...

Exciting! Congrats! Enjoy the ride

9/28/2011  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

How did I miss this Caitlin!? Very exciting, so glad for you and very very happy the first week has been as expected. Best of luck!! xo

10/15/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home