10.03.2011

a brand new week . . .

I cannot believe tomorrow is my last day - it's a weird feeling leaving somewhere you've been for four years. However, I'm ecstatic about moving onto a career that I've wanted to peruse for so long! I'll be celebrating with friends tomorrow night and then jetting off to Portland to spend some quality time with family and friends for a few days.

This past weekend Eric and I decided to stay home to get the house in order. As we cleaned out drawers and cabinets, I fell back in love with these beautiful things that have always inspired me; a vintage blue Ralli quilt I got back in March at Seret & Sons in Santa Fe, my chestnut candle that I bring out every fall, my leopard belt that I've been wearing with almost every outfit, a vintage glass beaded necklace from Alameda and my favorite fruit - figs (they are so divine).

Did anything in particular inspire you over the past few days? Hope all of you had an inspiring weekend and cheers to a fabulous week ahead!

Photos by Caitlin Flemming

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I love organising on the weekends, always leaves me feeling like I have accomplished. As for my inspirations this weekend, it had to be the long walk we took through London - the different environments, textures, colours, sub-cultures... all so inspiring. Have a lovely time in Portland and I hope work give you a lovely send off! xx

10/03/2011  
Blogger Grant K. Gibson said...

I love it! Figs are my favorite. I just picked up a basket of them yesterday after the flea market.

grantkgibson.com
grantkgibson.blogspot.com

10/03/2011  
Blogger Amy said...

So many exciting updates! It sounds like you're off to the perfect week. Safe travels to Portland!

Cheers!

10/03/2011  
Blogger Gabriella said...

great composition, that fig looks delish.

www.dimplesandcharm.com

10/03/2011  
Blogger M.R. said...

love that belt!

mindofmr.blogspot.com

10/04/2011  
Blogger Visual Comfort said...

Caitlin, you have such an eye for photography. That image is stunning!

Best of luck at your new position!

10/04/2011  
Blogger Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

What a pretty photo! Congrats on this new change! xoxo

10/04/2011  
Blogger Daniella said...

You know... i've never had a fresh fig before... I should really try one! Good luck with the new job this week!

10/05/2011  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Daniella - next time you go the grocery store you have to get some. They are divine on a piece of french bread and a slice of brie cheese.

10/05/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home