on the menu: shaved squash salad with basil & ricotta salata
This
past weekend I was on a salad kick - trying new combinations out and
looking for recipes. Let me tell you, one can never bore from a salad
because there are just so many options out there. When this particular
salad recipe popped onto my screen I was intrigued - I love squash, I
love ricotta salata and anything topped with almonds has my mouth watering immediately. I didn't get a chance to make it over the weekend, but it's 100% on the menu for this week.
Bon appétit!
Shaved Squash Salad
1 pound mixed summer squash, sliced very thin
1/4 c. basil leaves, coarsely torn
1 small red onion, sliced thin
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/3 c. olive oil
salt & pepper
1 Tbs. creme fraiche or sour cream
salt & pepper
1/4 c. sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 c. ricotta salata, grated
Combine squash, onions, and basil in a bowl. To make dressing, whisk lemon juice and creme fraiche in a small bowl. Drizzle in olive oil while whisking constantly, until emulsified. Toss squash with dressing, almonds and ricotta salata. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Farm House Table
Labels: food, on the menu, recipe



4 Comments:
This looks delicious. I'm always at a loss for new salad ideas. But I find myself always pinning your recipe posts. Thank you!
This looks beyond delicious!
Can't wait to make this - it sounds just amazing!!!!
Nice blog youu have
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home