5.13.2010

Bring on the Light



Lately, I've been embracing my light filled windows. When the sun is pouring into my apartment it seems to bring life in as well. Ah, don't you just love Spring? I don't think anyone in the design world opposes good natural light, and if they do - well that's nuts!

Personally, I love the sophistication and elegance big windows and French doors bring to a room. These three images show exactly the windows I'm always drawn towards. I feel lucky enough to have French doors in my apartment that separate our dining room and kitchen from the rest of our apartment. It's a luxury to have them
, and every time I even think about moving - I know I'll never find French doors again.

{photos courtesy of 1. Simply Seductive 2 & 3. Greige}

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Olivia said...

I couldn't agree more!! I love the light so much. I'm starting to think that painting walls white and having color elsewhere would make this happen. thinking about it for our living room :)

5/13/2010  
Blogger Global Atelier said...

I adore the photos in today's entry. Rooms flooded with light - what could be better!

5/13/2010  
Blogger Copious Couture said...

So gorgeous!!!! We are gloomy here in Toronto, I am missing the sun!

Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

5/13/2010  
Blogger Taylor Sterling said...

beautiful! I love natural light too!

5/13/2010  
Blogger Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

all three of these images are gorge! I'm lucky enough to have french style window (unfortunately no doors) in my apartment and absolutely love them. Every morning when I wake up and see the light shining through them, I get happy!

5/14/2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of light, gorgeous.
http://caribbeaneco-living.blogspot.com/

5/14/2010  
Anonymous laura said...

i love the white couch idea... although all my furniture is white, so maybe that would be a bad choice! haha.

5/14/2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home