Nate Day: New York Abode
Hurry, for Nate Day - only three more months until the September 13th premiere of the Nate Berkus show. I've admired the way Nate transforms his own and clients homes into a beautiful space anyone dreams of living in. The reason I chose Nate's tiny West Village apartment is because I live in an apartment tinier than his 550 square feet abode. If only I could rip up everything and transform mine like his - that's the problem with a rental.

Nate uses a dark black and blue semi-gloss paint around the entire apartment that pops against the all white walls, giving it a new look. A few of my favorite things - the bar, entertainment closet, and the french doors that lead you to the bedroom.
One thing that resonated with me over the years, was when Oprah asked Nate what he thought was the most important thing to bring into your home? He said displaying personal momentos that represent you - this is something I treasured over the years. I've brought back treasures from traveling, flea markets and also put up photos that are meaningful in my home that all bring life and personality into my apartment.
I highly recommend taking a look at the before and after photos of this space, just go here.
I hope everyone enjoys the 90+ blog posts about Nate today. I'm still in awe that we got Nate and his producers attention on twitter - thanks moggit girls for making all of this happen!
xo, Caitlin
{photo's courtesy of Oprah}
Labels: decor, inspiration, nate berkus





8 Comments:
Lovely post! Just LOVE this man.
Oh my, what a day in the city on Saturday wasn't it?
xo,
cristin
I can't wait! Nate has a great sense of design, and I especially love that he incorporates personal items that speaks to the owner. I am loving the blue doors; they remind my of my grandmother's home. Her two downstairs bedroom have these blue, french doors that open up to the courtyard.
Thanks for being part of NateDay its been incredible.
I love how this was Nate's response and I think it speaks volumes to the type of designer he is...personal! Love it!
lovely post:)
ah, lovely! what a great inspiration to all city dwellers, too.
#nateday...love it! It's everywhere and I can't get enough!
Arlene
Wonderful space!
Great thing that you're a part of Nate. That's why it's so artistic! Your designs are so close to reality. Reality, as if I am in my search for short term apartment rentals (NYC), then feels "Boom! This is it!", after finding the right one. I am a true-blue city boy and I will always dig for city-inspired interiors. I am so used to be alone; living in different short term apartment rentals, New York area, ―that living outside the borders of it is not in my comfort zone.
Whenever, soon, that I will get married, I will look upon your designs to have it applied in my new "home sweet home"
Ian here, a big fan of yours.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home