6.08.2010

Quick Question For You: Apartment Color?

I'd love your feedback on something today. I've been staring at paint samples for days and while it's fun, it's also a bit tiring - I feel like I'm cross-eyed looking at all of them and they all start looking the same. We've narrowed the search down to two different grays. Since we have beautiful architecture and amazing molding we wanted to pick something other than white, which I would normally gravitate towards.

Before you look at the two grays we're trying to decide between, I wanted to show you the color we'll be painting the bathroom. This darker gray is going to make the tile in our bathroom and while fixtures pop
.

Now that you've seen the bathroom color - I need your opinion on these grays below. So, I'd like to ask you: which gray do you like the best? In different light and rooms my favorite changes. It's hard to choose and that's why I need you.

I'd love to hear from as many of you as possible so if you have a quick second, could you please leave a comment? Thank you so much for your help and also a BIG thank you to Crystal for inspiring me to do this post!

*All paint is Benjamin Moore.

Labels: , ,

32 Comments:

Blogger Jeannine 520 said...

Ozark Shadows. I've swatched this on my own walls and it's a nice color.

6/08/2010  
Blogger Cara said...

I might be zero help, but: I almost immediately jump to the warmth of Ozark Shadows, and then I look some more, and harbor gray seems so refreshing! So I think it depends on what mood you want :) Good luck!

6/08/2010  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I think I'm torn! I love the deepness of ozark shadows - it will definitely add a comforting/warm touch if that's what your going for. Harbor gray is very light and airy..so it depends on the look your wanting!

6/08/2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went through this process myself, and I did three walls in the lighter, and one in the darker color. I am not a blue person at all, but my grey, like th eOzark Shadows, has some blue in it. It is so pretty--I really like it!

6/08/2010  
Blogger lmr said...

I love the harbor gray--I think it would be easier to add pops of color elsewhere in the room to play off the lighter gray, like blues or yellows. Good luck deciding!

6/08/2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that ozark shadows is a tint of galveston gray, and I always love a darker, warmer gray. Harbor gray is softer and more delicate to me. I vote ozark shadows (without having seen the room).

6/08/2010  
Anonymous ABC Dragoo said...

I am going to go against what seems to be the grain and say I like the Harbor Grey. Reason being that it is more of a contrast from the Galveston.

In my opinion, it will be just more interesting this way.

I also think you'll be able to dress the lighter color up in different ways with the accessories you choose.

Good luck!
xoABCD

6/08/2010  
Blogger M said...

I would day Harbor Gray as well, the ozark shadows has a twinge of taupe to it, and I think a true gray would be a nice contrast...regardless, good luck, great colors!

6/08/2010  
Blogger Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

I'd definitely do Harbor Gray! It's less beige-y and will brighten the rooms more. My entire apartment is a shade of light grey and I love it.

6/08/2010  
Anonymous Casi from SanFranciscoNoobs.com said...

Harbor grey because it's similar to the bathroom color but definitely different. The Ozark looks too similar to the bathroom, but just different enough to make you think you were trying to go for the same color. Both are pretty, but I really like the light airyness of the Harbor.

6/08/2010  
Blogger Marcouiller Trimble said...

harbor for sure

6/08/2010  
Blogger Kendra said...

Harbor Gray!

6/08/2010  
Blogger Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

My first instinct says "harbor gray" and I'm sticking to it! While ozark is a beautiful color, I'm afraid it may make the room look to dark and moody. I love the brightness of harbor.

But of course, it all has to do with what color your furniture and decor is/will be!

Good luck and thanks so much for the mention!

xo

6/08/2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ozark Shadows, Ozark Shadows, Ozark Shadows

6/08/2010  
Anonymous jami @ i m a g i n e said...

Yup, I'd have to agree with Crystal; I like the Harbor Grey. If I squint my eyes and look at the colors all together, it's easiest for me to tell which colors go well together. (A trick I learned from my color professor!) Have fun! -jami

6/08/2010  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Thank you so much for all of these wonderful comments! I appreciate all the help I can get.

FYI, the galveston gray is not as taupe-y as this image, it's darker and more in the color family of the Harbor Gray.

Keep the comments coming - it's helping a TON! xo

6/08/2010  
Blogger Logan said...

I like harbor gray better. It seems to be a truer gray. The ozark looks to have a lot of brown in it. Good luck!

6/08/2010  
Blogger Daniella@ThisCouldBeMeToday said...

I think ozark shadows will look better with the galveston gray, because they both seem to have warm undertones. Harbor gray has cool undertones, so it might look odd next to the galveston gray. But if they are in different rooms, I don't know that the difference in undertones matters? Geeze this IS hard! I love both! What colors will your furniture/accessories/etc be? I think the ozark shadows maybe be too dark unless you have a lot of light/windows...

6/08/2010  
Blogger Carpe Diem said...

Instinctively, I'm drawn to harbor gray...I feel it may be the most versatile...the other two are the darkest so maybe you would be limited as to the contrast colors you could use such as a navy blue...maybe navy blue would not work with a darker wall color. But, with harbor gray, you could use a large range..you could use white (lightest color) to browns/golds ( on the darker side).

6/08/2010  
Anonymous Victoria M said...

I say it depends on the color of your furniture. If you have more warm tones, I think the Ozark would look better -- it feels warmer. Harbor is definitely cooler. Love 'em both though!

6/08/2010  
Blogger CECELIA said...

i immediately was drawn to harbor gray. i think it would be fresh and airy and perfect against your white trim! i'm also a fan of dark cave-like bathrooms and you picked a great color! so stylish :)

6/08/2010  
Blogger Christina said...

Harbor Grey! it looks more "true grey" to me. Love to hear what you chose!

6/08/2010  
Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

I like the Ozark shadows...

You will see a subtle change in color, without being too stark, and will notice the details more specifically. Plus, it will only make the white pop more, and allow you to change up the tones in accessories throughout the room. More recently, we painted a bathroom in all one color for a client, as she had extensive moulding and tall tall ceilings. Her bathroom accessories really showed off well and she loves the warm and comfort.

No matter which one you choose, though, I bet it will look lovely!

xoxo

6/08/2010  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I like both of them. But on first impressions I'm leaning towards Harbor Gray!

I just like that it's a bit lighter and I preferred the name.

Yes, I pick out paint colors depending on the names. :)

6/08/2010  
Blogger Karla said...

After looking at the colors and reading the other comments I think you should go with Harbor Grey. :)

6/08/2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

harbor gray...!! all the way!!! Good luck on your project!!

6/09/2010  
Anonymous Jacquelyn said...

without a doubt, harbour gray! it's so peaceful.

www.jacquelynclark.com

6/09/2010  
Blogger lu said...

i vote harbor gray!

6/09/2010  
Blogger Sugar said...

Harbor Gray all the way! Ha.

6/10/2010  
Blogger A Perfect Gray said...

which did you choose? or have you yet? I would love to know. I am a total gray freak!

best wishes; grays are so hard! but totally worth the effort...

great post! Donna

6/14/2010  
Anonymous Maggie Rose said...

I like the Harbor Gray. Color can seem so much darker when you actually get it on the whole wall, so I usually pick the lighter choice!

6/14/2010  
Anonymous Bedroom Curtains said...

Hey
Your broadcast through this post provided brilliant clear concept. My best regards to you.

6/13/2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home