9.01.2010

fall fruit: figs


Figs are finally back in season. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. When I came across this simple recipe on Desserts for Breakfast I instantly ran out to my local farmers market to give it a try. It’s heaven.

This is incredibly simple. All you need are green and purple figs, toasted pistachios, thick, Greek yogurt, and a quick sprinkling of dark brown sugar. You’ll be eating all the time. It’s so yummy!

Enjoy!

Click here to try more delicious recipe ideas.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

I love figs and they are so beautiful!
Velvet Cupcakes

9/01/2010  
Blogger TERI REES WANG said...

That a bounty that will keep us beautiful.

Cheers!

9/01/2010  
Blogger ms. meg r said...

We buy "office fruit" once a week at work and our buyer came back with figs this week! Exciting! I will definitely have to try this recipe.

meg
http://sheismsmr.blogspot.com/

9/01/2010  
Anonymous a lovely being said...

oh my goodness I LOVE love love figs. I've been eating them nonstop for the past few weeks. they're great in spinach salads with french feta, too.. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it :)

xx fallon

9/01/2010  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I wish I loved figs!

9/01/2010  
Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I read a whole feature by Donna Hay on cooking with figs recently. You are right - perfect for fall.

9/01/2010  
Anonymous Abigail Cahill O'Brien / 5thjoy said...

This looks absolutely delish. The women in my family are so obsessed with figs that my brother's trying to figure them into his stock picks! We're expecting a rainy Friday here in Massachusetts, so I'm looking forward to making a roast pork tenderloin with fig sauce.

9/01/2010  
Blogger whitney said...

I love this post! So pretty. The fig tree in my backyard finally started producing a decent amount of figs this summer. Usually one or two pop out..but a squirrel gets to it before my dad. hahaha. We picked like 6 figs last week! Soooo good!

9/01/2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

it's interesting how something as simple as that plum-colored napkin in the first pic makes it look so spectacular! lovely pictures!
xox alison

9/01/2010  
Blogger Lindsey said...

that looks amazing (and not that bad for you) buying this weekend. yum.
lindsey
www.insidestoop.com

9/01/2010  
Anonymous rachel said...

I loooove figs! One of the best types of fruit, for sure.

9/02/2010  
Blogger Where My Heart Is said...

Figs are my fave. I want to try this recipe but will have to wait until fig season here. Thanks.

9/02/2010  
Blogger ashley sullivan said...

sounds heavenly. i'm partial to an afternoon snack of dried figs on a cracker spread with a bit of goat cheese. hello, autumn!

9/02/2010  
Blogger Sarah Engel said...

beautiful pictures:) i love figs! xo

9/03/2010  
Blogger jacqueline. said...

delicious! sadly i will also have to wait until fig season comes around again here...

9/04/2010  
Anonymous carrie leber said...

this photography is so lovely and inspiring - perfect to get into the fall mood.

9/07/2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home