2.01.2011

a pop of polka dot . . .

Most of the country is getting snow, sleet, ice and rain - it might be looking a little like the poor little guy below in your neck of the woods . . .
Here on the West Coast it's blue skies with a touch of warmth in the air (please don't hate me) - I hope all of you are safe and sound in your homes enjoying a snow day. Since we're experiencing abnormal temperatures for the beginning of February, I've been challenged with what to wear until I spotted this ensemble . . .

The mix of fur with a touch of mustard polka dot is just want I needed to see to give me a little burst of inspiration for the days to come. I think adding a pop of color and sparkle to my wardrobe is in high order! Now, where is that scarf from? AND more importantly, where can I find a vintage Chanel brooch like hers? Ahhhh, the thrill of the hunt for these fashion finds.

Have any of you encountered wardrobe challenges lately?

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

we dont hate you! but makes me realize how much much much I would love to live in SFO!

2/01/2011  
Blogger Christel @ Captivated by image said...

The squirrel is adorable! How lucky to have such great wheather. The mustard yellow looks divine paired with that fur <3

2/01/2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh he is so cute...he looks cold! I do love the fur and scarf...you should send that to the Zush for their random Channel Item!

2/01/2011  
Blogger Deanna Pai said...

Haha oh gosh, there's a good chance I resemble that squirrel when I'm out and about in Chicago. Definitely not looking forward to the blizzard! I adore the mustard and polka dots -- I'm not even usually one for mustard, but it looks so bright and chic in this shot. Adorable pick.

2/01/2011  
Blogger Brandi said...

Oh that poor little squirrel! I just want to save him.

The weather here in San Diego has been lovely too, but I've never really figured out how to quite dress for the warm day and cool evening at the same time. Maybe scarves are the key...

2/01/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that squirrel looks soooo cold, poor thing. love mustard!! and don't feel bad, i laid out at the beach this weekend :)

2/01/2011  
Anonymous Carrie said...

I really like the contrast of the fur and the scarf - color, texture, and the more formal fur with the whimsy of the polka dots. My biggest wardrobe challenge right now is that I am ready for Spring styles but it is too cold in the morning and evening in San Diego. But your post makes me think that some mixing of Spring inspired items with Winter pieces might work!

2/01/2011  
Blogger Bruna Resende said...

I'm in Brazil, so here is too hot. The big challenge is to find work outfits that are fancy but not warmful!

2/01/2011  
Anonymous Vanessa Elizabeth said...

I know I'm counting down the days until summer! Polka dots remind me of spring, for some reason.

2/01/2011  
Anonymous Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Thats exactly how i felt walking to the bus this morning!

I have that scarf... I may have to recreate this look!

2/01/2011  
Blogger leslie said...

I believe the scarf is from Madewell. They had one like it a few months ago.

2/01/2011  
Blogger MES CAPRICES BELGES said...

So so cute the squirrel
!You have a beautiful and elegant blog!

2/01/2011  
Anonymous Joanna said...

That poor little fellow! Well, he's probably doing just fine - but still! =)

Can't wait for the spring to arrive in Finland as well, and get finally rid of all this snow.

2/01/2011  
Blogger Taylor Sterling said...

oh polka dots how I love thee!

2/01/2011  
Blogger Madeleine said...

it's from Madewell. the blogger that is in your pic is: http://atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com/2011/01/edge-of-urge.html

good luck finding the scarf! it's soo pretty!

2/01/2011  
Blogger Caitlin said...

LOVE that all of you adore the polka dots as much as I do!

Madeleine - Thank you so much for introducing me to Atlantic Pacific. Her style is fabulous!

2/01/2011  
Blogger EMILY said...

wait. i am in love with that furry little fella! so cute!

2/01/2011  
Anonymous Jessie @ Tasty Fare, Pretty Wear said...

Seriously regretting NOT buying this scarf when I was at Madewell a few months ago! Lesson learned.

2/01/2011  
Blogger Lisa Maria said...

Must be nice! That squirrel looks exactly how I feel here on the east coast awaiting tonight's storm.

2/01/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home