1.10.2012

on the menu: roasted grapes with thyme, fresh ricotta and grilled bread

Everyone is always looking for a delicious treat to serve guests when hosting a dinner party - I know I'm constantly searching for something new. This recipe in particulr had my mouth watering by reading the title. Who doesn't love a twist on bruschetta? I know I do!

This is making an apperance later this week on our dinner table. Bon appetit everyone!

Ingredients:

* Grapes (use seedless purple grapes)
* Good rustic bread, sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
* Olive oil
* Homemade Ricotta Cheese
* Fresh Thyme
* Lemon Zest
* Fleur de Sel

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Spread grapes onto a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Lay thyme leaves over top. Toss all together gently with your hands. Place pan in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes or until grapes just begin to burst. I prefer the shorter roasting time — it’s nice when some of the grapes remain in tact.

2. Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush the bread with olive oil. Grill until nice and toasty.

3. Assemble the open-faced sandwiches: Spread fresh ricotta over bread. Top with roasted grapes. Discard thyme sprigs. (While the thyme sprigs look pretty, it’s a little impractical to serve the sandwiches with the sprigs…they don’t taste so yummy.)

Photos and Recipe by Alexandra's Kitchen

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous katrina - dot dot dash said...

this looks likes heaven!

1/10/2012  
Blogger viv said...

Wow, this looks so divine. Thanks for sharing!

1/10/2012  
Anonymous caitlindentino said...

I love grape crostini - such a fun twist on things. I made one with quick pickled grapes from Sunday Suppers on New Years Eve and it was a hit! I'm sure this one will be too!

1/10/2012  
Blogger Michelle {lovely little things} said...

You had me at grilled bread, nothing beats that! Bon appetit!

1/10/2012  
Blogger Sarah Engel said...

that looks so so yummy and simple. can't wait to try! happy new year btw! dying for an sf trip and a catch up. xo

1/11/2012  
Blogger Paige said...

I just had to tell you that I read this post yesterday, and decided to make it for dinner last night. It was WONDERFUL--thank you so much for sharing this creative recipe!

-Paige
foreverfabforkim.blogspot.com

1/11/2012  
Blogger Clare C. Whitaker said...

Oh my gosh this looks delicious! Such a light and tasty recipe...I will have to try it, I am a huge fan of all of the food (especially grapes) and I am anxious to see how they all come together! I just happened upon your blog today and it's terrific, so glad I found it! I hope you are having a wonderful week.
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
twirlingclare.blogspot.com

1/11/2012  
Anonymous Planning a Wedding said...

Good one. Looking very Yummy. I don't like grapes too much but all pics are looking very yummy I will definitely try one of those.

1/11/2012  
Anonymous desert heels said...

you just gave me a great idea! thanks!
http://desertheels.com/

1/12/2012  
Blogger Alyssa {Second Floor Living} said...

Absolutely drooling over this. Putting your recipe on my must-make list for the next week.

1/12/2012  
Blogger Olga Perfilieva said...

This looks so yummy! Will have to try it.

1/12/2012  
Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Ok, ok, well I just had lunch but I fear that I am hungry all over again after seeing this post... bookmarking! Thanks! x

1/13/2012  
Blogger L.A. in the bay said...

this looks amazinggggg

1/16/2012  
Blogger Priscilla Joy said...

This looks divine. Will surely try it during the weekend.
:)
Have a great week.

1/17/2012  
Anonymous aurea @ pricewise events said...

Roasted grapes! Oh how I super love! :D

1/19/2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made this twice in as many weeks - really amazing and looks impressive for almost no work! Though I found my grapes needed to roast longer than the 7-9 minutes listed above (just an FYI for those of you who, like me, tend to cut timelines close!)

5/22/2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home