2.13.2012

on the menu: parmesan-rosemary crackers

A few months ago I had delicious rosemary crackers at a restaurant. Let's just say I've been dreaming of cooking them ever since. When I came across this recipe it was love at first sight - just look at these images! Let me tell you, they're even better as you take a bite into them.

Bon appétit everyone!
Ingredients:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon coarse salt
Pinch of white pepper (didn’t have, so didn’t use)
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus extra sprigs for garnish
3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup finely grated (2 1/2 ounces) Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
5 tablespoons sour cream
1 large egg white, lightly beaten (optional — this is if you want to do the pretty rosemary garnish)

Directions:

1. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and rosemary in the bowl of a food processor; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese; pulse until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of the sour cream at a time, pulsing each time to combine. (Note: I added the sour cream in 2 batches…not patient enough to do 1 T. at a time.) Process until dough comes together and is well combined.
2. Transfer dough to a work surface. Shape dough into a 2-inch-wide log. Wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. (Note: I chilled mine for about 18 hours. If you are pinched for time, try chilling the dough in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours.)
3. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Slice chilled log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Transfer slices to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Dip a sprig of rosemary into egg white, and place in center of a cracker slice; repeat with remaining rosemary and crackers. (Note: The rosemary garnish is optional – it’s purely for decorative purposes.) Bake immediately, rotating sheet once, until crackers are golden brown and firm in the center, 25 to 35 minutes. (My crackers took 25 minutes.) Transfer to a rack to cool.
Recipe from Alexandra's Kitchen

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

oh my husband would LOVE these! we have been cooking with rosemary a TON lately! yummy!

2/14/2012  
Anonymous Bettina said...

I've been trying to find a homemade cracker recipe and this one looks like it's the perfect one! This has been pinned for me to make in the very near future, thanks for the wonderful recipe!

2/14/2012  
Blogger m_b said...

i'm drooling over these! they look so good and would add such a nice touch at a wine and cheese party! :)

2/14/2012  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

these look utterly delicious, I love the combination, yummy!

2/14/2012  
Anonymous Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

These look amazingly delicious!

2/14/2012  
Anonymous Jess said...

Oh wow, those look amazing! I think I might be making these and bringing them to an Oscar's party I'm attending.

2/14/2012  
Blogger Sarah @ Designs Good said...

YUM!

2/14/2012  
Anonymous Emma at The Marion House Book said...

These look delicious and would be perfect with soup. Will file away to make when I have a spare moment!

2/14/2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummmy parmesan plus rosemary what could be a better combination than this. Greets short let london

2/15/2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

question... could you use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream? I have no clue how to create a recipe so I don't know if that substitution would cook ok or not. thoughts?

2/16/2012  
Anonymous Splendid Sass said...

Love your blog! I am going to try these crackers. They look divine! Anything rosemary for me.
Happy Thursday.
Teresa
xoxo

2/16/2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home