on the menu: green beans with egg and parmesan
I’ve been obsessed with poached eggs – for breakfast lunch and even dinner. This Sweet Paul recipe not only had my mouth watering when I came across the image, but it had me grabbing my purse and running to the grocery store to purchase all of the ingredients. Let me tell you,
this one doesn’t disappoint. It’s light and the flavors are utterly
divine. The only problem was that I wanted double the portion size.
Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do. Bon Appétit!
Green Beans with Egg and Parmesan
Serves 4
7 oz green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
4 large eggs
½ cup of shaved Parmesan
4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add the beans and boil them for about 30 seconds.
3. Put them straight into a bowl filled with ice water.
4. Dry tem and place them on plates.
5. In the same pot, with the same water, add vinegar.
6. When the water is just below boiling point, crack the
eggs one at a time into the cup and drop the egg gently into the water.
7. Let them simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Remove the eggs slowly with a slotted spoon.
9. Put on top of the beans and add Parmesan.
10. Drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and
pepper.
Recipe from Sweet Paul
Labels: food, on the menu, recipe



8 Comments:
now I want eggs for breakfast!
grace
http://herumbrella.com
http://posheventplanning.com
Lovely to see you back online!
Oh my that looks amazing! And the bbet tart you posted a while back - have to try! Thanks so much for the inspiration - I'll definitively pop in again soon!
//From a first time visitor
Yummy!! So glad to have you back!!!
wow that look DELICIOUS!
xx,
The Golden Girls
Love this recipe. I usually use asparagus and it's delicious for dinner. Although, my poached eggs never look that pretty! I need to keep practicing.
P.S. So happy to hear your blog is back up and running.
Yum! This looks so delicious. I love your blog, hope you can take a look at mine some time and follow if you like! x
Kate {Something Fabulous}
http://thesomethingfabulous.blogspot.com
Just stumbled across this, looks gorgeous! Decision as to what to have for dinner tonight just got made!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home