3.20.2012

on the menu: springtime jasmine rice salad

With spring officially here I've been on the hunt for springtime salads because lately I've felt as though I've been in a salad rut. Usually it's just me throwing whatever I have in my refrigerator into a bowl. With that being said, I've been trying to plan things out better - especially after seeing this scrumptious springtime salad. Luckily, I already have a bundle of asparagus and jasmine rice. Hope all of you enjoy this simple and easy recipe. 

I'm off to the grocery store! Bon Appétit.


Springtime Jasmine Rice Salad


serves 2
12-15 asparagus spears, woody stems removed

2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup uncooked brown jasmine rice
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
1 shallot, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pint baby bella mushrooms, quartered
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
salt & pepper to taste

Prepare rice according to directions on package, subbing in 1 cup chicken stock for the water. This will most likely take 30-40 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast for 20-22 minutes.

While asparagus is roasting, heat a large skillet oven medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sliced shallot with a pinch of salt. Saute until soft – about 3 minutes. Add in chopped mushrooms, tossing to coat, and let cook for 4-5 minutes until soft and juicy. Stir in garlic and cherries and cook for 30 seconds. 

Increase heat a bit and add wine, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low.


Toss in rice and asparagus, then serve. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Also delicious served cold!


Recipe from How Sweet Is This

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger About Last Weekend said...

What a fabulous rice recipe (and what gorgeous photos...my food pics always look so unappetising...) Hope you had a fab weekend!

3/20/2012  
Blogger la la Lovely said...

So I made this tonight... it was so good! Def a keeper!
xo . trina

3/20/2012  
Anonymous Inés said...

Springtime jasmine rice salad...the title alone had me just about ready to lick the screen, beautiful recipe
Caitlin!
Big hugs!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

3/20/2012  
Anonymous cheap bridesmaid dresses said...

Looks very different,and don't know how does it taste.

3/20/2012  
Anonymous Vegan Recipes said...

Great post thank youu

5/29/2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home