5.22.2012

on the menu: lemon-thyme soda


There really isn't anything like a summer drink. As we approach the holiday weekend that kicks off lemonade stands in our neighborhood, summer travel and gorgeous weather (let's hope). I thought "why not post one of my new go-to drinks?" It's easy, only calls for a few ingredients and most importantly it's delicious. I guarantee any family member or guest that you serve in your home will love it. I bet they'll even ask you for the recipe as they walk out the door.

Enjoy + cheers friends!

Ingredients: 

1 1/2 cups sugar 
2 cups of water 
1 oz. fresh thyme
Juice of 6 lemons
Soda water

Directions:

Bring the sugar and water to a boil, then add the thyme and let steep until cool. Pass through a fine strainer. In an ice-filled glass, combine 1 1/2 ounces of the thyme syrup with 1/2 ounce of lemon juice. 

Recipe by Culture Club

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

This looks so delicious and refreshing! So perfect for a hot summer afternoon!

5/22/2012  
Anonymous kat @ dot dot dash said...

So perfect for the lovely summer weather we're having here in London! Makes me want the day off to enjoy the sun!
x kat

5/23/2012  
Anonymous Amberly @ The Good Life said...

Unfortunately I don't have the ingredients to make this at the moment (and it's 9:45pm), but I'm about to get up and make some iced lemon water just because this photo is SO refreshing. :) Can't wait to make the real deal!

~Amberly

5/27/2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home