on the menu: citrus salad
I've been on a citrus kick! Lately I've been craving it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is an easy and delicious salad has been my favorite go-to for citrus.
Hope all of you enjoy it as much as I do.
Bon appétit friends!
- a lovely combination of citrus fruits: navel oranges, blood oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, meyer lemons, and clementines.
- Ginger-Bay-Lime Syrup (recipe to below)
- freshly ground black pepper
- nuts or seeds for garnish
Directions:
1. Prepare syrup.
2. While the syrup is cooling down, slice up the citrus fruits – slice off the rind on the top and bottom, then slice down the sides.
3. Arrange sliced fruit on a platter, pour cooled syrup over top. Add freshly cracked black pepper and garnish with nuts or seeds.
Ginger-Bay-Lime Syrup
Ingredients:
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup water
a few slices fresh ginger
3 kaffir lime leaves
1 bay leaf
Directions:
Put all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let syrup steep and cool down. Store leftovers in a glass container in the fridge for up to seven days. Makes about 4 servings.
Recipe and photo from My New Roots
Hope all of you enjoy it as much as I do.
Bon appétit friends!
Sunshine Citrus Salad
Ingredients:- a lovely combination of citrus fruits: navel oranges, blood oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, meyer lemons, and clementines.
- Ginger-Bay-Lime Syrup (recipe to below)
- freshly ground black pepper
- nuts or seeds for garnish
Directions:
1. Prepare syrup.
2. While the syrup is cooling down, slice up the citrus fruits – slice off the rind on the top and bottom, then slice down the sides.
3. Arrange sliced fruit on a platter, pour cooled syrup over top. Add freshly cracked black pepper and garnish with nuts or seeds.
Ginger-Bay-Lime Syrup
Ingredients:
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup water
a few slices fresh ginger
3 kaffir lime leaves
1 bay leaf
Directions:
Put all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let syrup steep and cool down. Store leftovers in a glass container in the fridge for up to seven days. Makes about 4 servings.
Recipe and photo from My New Roots
Labels: food, on the menu, recipe



3 Comments:
Great post,I really like your article
Hello
I loved this blog post. I couldn't have said it any better to be honest!
Looks absolutely delicious (and beautiful photo!)! I'll definitely make this one evening (and, I may just have to throw a bit of avocado on to)!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home