4.06.2010

Inspiring Home Décor: Coco + Kelley

Hello Sacramento Street readers!! I'm so happy to be kicking of this series of guest posts while the beautiful Miss Caitlin enjoys the days leading up to her wedding (congrats girlie!!). It's sure to be an amazing couple of weeks with the lineup she has in store for you.

When Caitlin asked for us to share the most inspirational room in our home, I waffled back and forth between the bedroom, our living room and (strange as it sounds) the guest bathroom. While the living room seems to be a constant work-in-progress, and the bathroom is... well... a bathroom (but the aqua and white palette makes me so happy!), the bedroom is by far the most finished space in the whole place, and has become my little haven of calm amongst the madness...

We live in a house with all cream walls and little character or charm (*sigh* for new construction), so when we dove into decorating the bedroom, the first thing I wanted to do was paint! I started with two scenarios and began collecting inspiration photos to help determine what colors would go where. I wanted the walls to be either grey or camel, and after purchasing samples of both, I knew I had to go with the grey. My boyfriend sealed the decision when he surprised me with the jute headboard from West Elm that I'd been lusting over. No way I was putting that up against a similarly toned wall! Along with the color scheme, I also knew I wanted the space to feel clean and fresh with lots of white and beach-inspired accents. Here are the photos I pulled from my inspiration files...

As you can see, the inspiration came in handy! Right down to the sealife pillows - although I was so happy to find a print that was a sea fan rather than the usual coral motif. The rest of the photos provided inspiration in color and style, helping me to get an idea for how each piece would interact within the space. What it taught me the most is that you can keep looking and looking for the perfect inspiration, but often times it comes in pieces of tons of different sources. And, while they all lend good direction, usually you just have to jump in and start decorating to get to that final, perfect result!

*image sources (clockwise): domino, met home, maura mcevoy, richard powers, and domino again.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

perfection, anyway i wasn't expecting anything less from Cassandra. Great post!

4/06/2010  
Blogger TERI REES WANG said...

I think the right shades of gray make all the other things in the room shine a little bright, in a collective way.

4/06/2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home