Inspiring Home Décor: CreateGirl
Hi All! I am so honored to be guest posting here while Caitlin is off becoming a gorgeous bride! I am the blogger of CreateGirl a place where I love to share affordable design tips and finds. Jace Interiors is my passion and my design company in Boston. With that said I tend to focus more on my clients houses than my own, isn't a designer's house the last to be decorated? So I have picked my favorite corner in my home to share with you today!
When you enter the main part of my house you walk into the kitchen, this is the view from the doorway and the first thing you see is this little vignette! It makes me ridiculously happy as it took almost a year to pull this area together. As I have often said on my blog the first thing you should see when you wake up or walk into your house is something that makes you smile!
After months of searching I finally found this dresser in a little used furniture store. Since it was going in the kitchen as an added storage piece I knew I needed it to be on visible legs and have a bit of curve to it. I adore the tiny casters and glass knobs, the color was perfect too! At $150 it was an even better find.
This Wonderful Graffiti wall decal is the perfect way to welcome friends and family. My Italian Grandmother translates it to, "Welcome - come in make yourself at home"
Whenever I feel the urge to make a quick creative change in the house I immediately come here. The drawers are packed with my collection of table linens so I will grab a new one, "shop" the apartment for different items and create a new vignette. Most items usually are sentimental like the photo of my mom as a young girl or the vintage Betty Crocker cookbooks. Staple items are my Aunt Mary's ceramic mushrooms & the wooden giraffe. Each piece has come into the house over the years and as I have found taking the time to search for the absolute perfect item can truly be worth the wait!
Thanks to Caitlin for letting me share in a little corner which welcomes me home and puts a smile on my face daily!
(images from CreateGirl/Jason Laviolette)
Labels: guest post, inspiration






6 Comments:
Lovely display! I too love to play around in my house, usually when other things NEED to be done more urgently :{{. Have a joyful and inspiring day.
The color on the dresser is lovely. It's fun to take a peek in your home!
To have thee all decorated things in your home will gives your home an awesome look.
These all are well designed glass pieces. Making look effective.
I like Giraffe Model. :)
thank you for sharing.
Your taste for interiors is just stunning! Thanks!
canvas pictures
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home