a little switcheroo . . .
Is there really anything better than a room filled with natural light, stripes and a lovely convex mirror? I think not. The simplicity of this room makes me crave having bare walls and neutral colors.
To make it my own style I would switch the mirror for this distressed gray convex mirror – there is so much charm to it. Since I’m in a gray fixation right now, for the bedding I would add in this sheet set by Dwell Studio (although I love the black and white stripes, above).
In keeping with the beautiful high beams of the last room, this space has a little pop of color, which adds in some character.

These are a few finds that I would add to this room to make it more my style.

Looking at inspiring images everyday feeds my creative side. My favorite pastime is sorting through my design files and seeing how I could transform the room to make it my own. Hope you enjoyed a little taste of something I love doing.
{photo: global atelier via coco + kelley, Board 1: mirror - Restoration Hardware, and sheets - Dwell Studio, Nuevo Estilo, Board 2. Rug - Antique Oriental Rugs, Lamp - Ikea, and Bedford Loveseat - Williams Sonoma Home}
Labels: decor, decorate, interior design


7 Comments:
i'm ALL about the exposed beams - i LOVE them!!!!
*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~
I love the sloppy chic look of these rooms!
Velvet Cupcakes
perfect bedrooms. calm, quiet, comfy and simple.
love it.
lindsey
www.insidestoop.com
i dream of white walls too, but i just love color to much.
although i do love the neutral room with the pop of red. really beautiful!
Natural light and stripes = heaven on 5th ;)!
I love doing that as well! I also love searching the internet to find ways to recreate a look... or the feeling an image conveys.
I've been dreaming of dreaming under the Draper sheets by DwellStudio for months. Sigh*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home