Vespa, I Need You . . .

Back in college Eric and I had a Vespa to get around the city. Lately, I've been missing it entirely too much. We have so many memories, both good and bad. The best thing about it was finding parking in any part of San Francisco and going on romantic dates. The bad, but also funny memories were trying to see if we could make it up the steepest hill in San Francisco, let's just say I had to get off half way up and walk the rest of the way. Driving it in the rain wasn't pleasant either. But the good times outweighed the bad and I want one in my life again.
*photo: The Sartorialist
Labels: vespa


9 Comments:
Those heels are amazing - not sure if I would want to try driving a Vespa with five inch heels!!!
Go vintage. :) http://girlscootsofamerica.com/
I've wanted a Vespa since I was in high school. Still want one. Anyway to strap a carseat to the back. hahaha!
my husband wants one too. i just get worried about cars hitting us as they come up over the top of filmore! i told him if he sells his car first, we can get one. he can't choose between the two loves...
Hi Caitlin,
Thank you so much for entering the $500 giveaway that Beso.com is sponsoring on A Cup of Jo.
We also invite you to enter our $250 Shopping Splurge
Good luck!
Beso.com
Caitlin,
When the Mr and I were dating, we went for brunch at a place called Felix on Broadway in Soho. Open air, French bistro food. It tends to attract a lot of Europeans. Actually, it's a real Euro scene.
At the time, I was living on 12th Street, between 5th and 6th, closer to 6th. The Mr was near Kenmare street, (practically in China Town) though now it's better known as the corner where La Esquina is.
Anyway, there are no real trains that go back and forth between those two areas, and the Mr. and I were paying far too much in cab fares to see one another.
After that euro-centric brunch, we strolled over to Vespa Soho and bought a silver one with a red seat. Talk about an impromptu luxury purchase! ; )
It is the most wonderful way to get around the City. We did our apartment hunt on that cutie, zipping from one open house to the next, criss-crossing from the West Village, to the Financial District, to the East Village to Tribeca and up into Soho.
What wonderful memories you stirred up for me with this post! And yes, he and I both agree - if you're going to live in any City in the US with a Vespa, San Francisco is the place to do it!!!
xoABCD
my dear friend and her husband were having some marital problems - he felt like buying a vespa one day and now they are hot and in love all over again! i swear they are happily married due to the vespa. I'll be in SF this weekend btw! :) Yay!
Love all of these comments!
Amy - What a lovely story. I think you two should get one for the city when you find your apartment :)
Glam Lamb - Wish I was going to be in SF. I'm headed home this weekend. Have fun in my city!!
I just posted a different Sartorialist scooter pic the other day!! It's such a cool girl signature.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home