on the menu: artichokes with spaghetti
I've been spotting artichokes at the market, which is by far one of my favorite things to have for dinner. It got me wondering and searching for recipes that incorporate artichokes - boy did I find a handful of yummy recipes (all of which I'll be trying). But this one in particular caught my eye - simple is always better in my book. I can't wait to give it a whirl later this week.
If you make it let me know what you think. Bon appétit!
Artichokes with Spaghetti
Serves 2-3
Ingredients:
* 4-6 cleaned, trimmed artichokes (stem included-optional)
* 2 cloves of crushed garlic
* 1 small red chilli finely sliced
* a handful of parsley finely chopped
* olive oil for frying
* salt and pepper to taste
* Cooked “al dente” spaghetti
Directions:
1. Blanch your cleaned artichokes in some boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat up some olive oil in a pan on medium heat and once it’s heated add your artichokes.
3. Fry on both sides for a few minutes ensuring they do not burn.
4. Add your garlic and chilli and give everything a good toss and stir. Season accordingly with salt and pepper.
5. Add the spaghetti and toss everything together. If the mixture becomes a little dry add some more olive oil and a little pasta water to loosen it up a little.
6. Plate the spaghetti with the artichokes and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Labels: food, on the menu, recipe



5 Comments:
This looks delicious. I always have artichokes steamed on their own, but I never thought to pair them with pasta. Thanks for the recipe!
http://www.allgoodthingstoday.com/
This seriously looks so yummy! Totally going to make this.
YUM! I heart artichokes in a big way - must try!
♡ Lexi
FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings
oooooo thanks for sharing! I love the artichoke garlic combo! Two flavors that I need more of in my life. I think this one might be a keeper!
This looks so incredibly delicious! I can't wait to try it for a Friday night in!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home