Inspiring Apartment: Deborah Needleman

Deborah Needleman, Editor-in-Chief of Domino Magazine was an inspiration to interior designers throughout the world. It’s heartbreaking that we have to live without Domino Magazine these days. I came across these photos taken of Deborah’s Tribeca loft in New York City by the New York Times. The way she designed her loft is what I aspire to have in the future. Although it’s a loft, she made it feel like there are different rooms/areas of the one big living room. One thing that draws me to her design aesthetic is how she combines antiques with modern pieces, like the lucite coffee table. The color palette Deborah uses is refreshing and natural. She painted all of the walls white, which was a Domino trick. Because she has everything so calm and simple in her loft you can tell that it is a peaceful place to live; Even with the kid’s castle set up in the living room. But that’s what makes it feel real.

In the dining room, I love the mix of high-low end pieces she mixes throughout the room. The table and chairs with the huge paper lantern is one example that I can’t get enough of.

In the master bedroom, the bed looks simple yet chic with the headboard that Needleman designed herself. She also uses the round lantern effect that she has throughout the house in several rooms.

I love the color used in the kid’s rooms. Especially the LOVE pillow.
{photo courtesy of the New York Times}
Labels: deborah needleman, domino magazine, inspiring apartment


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home