11.05.2009

A Pop of Color: White

With the air getting chilly, who wouldn’t want to wrap themselves up in a chunky sweater? I know I do, but there’s something about white in the winter that I personally love. It’s clean, fresh and crisp.

Not only do I enjoy wearing white, but I also absolutely love decorating with different tones of white. I realize now that I take after my mom because growing up in our house, she completely decorated in white, but in a unique way. She had a talent that got our house in three magazines.

The texture that the wallpaper brings to this photo is what makes it unique. If it was a solid paint color, I probably wouldn’t have been as drawn to the photo. The way the convex mirror is leaning against the wall instead of mounted is something I do with mirrors in my apartment. It doesn’t make the room feel tailored and I especially like the bracelets dangling from the dresser.

{photo courtesy of Craig Fordham and unknown}

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane Flanagan said...

I love how great that dresses looks against the contemporary lines of the wallpaper!

11/05/2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home