12.02.2009

Wednesday Wedding Update: The Dress Has ARRIVED

Yesterday I received the phone call that every bride dreams about; "your wedding dress has arrived!" My body immediately got goosebumps.

I can hardly wait to go in for my fitting. I'm excited to step into my dress and see how it looks. Oh, I can envision all of the white chiffon, satin and silk right now. Wish I could show all of you the dress, but a certain someone reads this blog, so you'll have to wait until after the April 2010 wedding.
Unfortunately I have to wait until I'm in Portland for Christmas to try it on. Wish I could fly up this weekend, but three weeks will fly by, especially since we're approaching the holidays.

Of course I think a little champagne will have to be involved afterwards with my mom and a few of my friends that will be in Portland. December 23rd, here I come!

UPDATE: I'm heading home this weekend to support a friend who lost a family member. Since I'll be home I'm going to go in for my dress fitting, which means my dress will be done by Christmas!

{photo courtesy of coco+kelley}

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Oh how exciting!! Where in Portland did you go for your dress? I'm newly engaged and live in Portland and would love to know!

12/02/2009  
Blogger Caitlin @ Sacramento Street said...

I'm very excited. I got my dress at Lena Medoyeff on 23rd Street. Beautiful dresses that are made locally. She uses rare textiles that are produced at a family run mill outside of Calcutta, India.

I definitely recommend going in.

12/02/2009  
Blogger urbanngirl said...

!!!! yay caitlin !!!!

12/02/2009  
Blogger Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

How exciting! I bet the dress is absolutely STUNNING! I can't wait to see it after the wedding!

12/03/2009  
Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

I am so excited for you! I cannot wait to see what it looks like -- I'm certain it will be so beautiful :)

12/03/2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home