1.06.2010

Wedding Wednesday Update: Hair Accessories

I've been debating whether or not to wear a hair accessory when I take of my veil. Here are a few I've liked;

I think incorporating something into a brides hair can look elegant and can also complete the entire look. For some brides it works, and for others it doesn't. I'm still debating.

Row One: This rosette from Milk Pod Studio incorporates silk, feathers and lace that captures a casual elegance. For something a little
simpler this silk rose from Anthropologie would be perfect.

Row Two: If you want a little bit of glam in your hair try this Aldo hair piece, it will add the shimmer you might be looking for. I love vintage looks and when I found this shop on Etsy,
I fell in love with everything. Their rhinestone combs are beautiful.

What do you think about hair pieces? I need some advice on this.

{Photo's Courtesy of Style Me Pretty}

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sugar said...

I wore a gardenia. It was a perfect accent to my hair. Although, I should have changed it out post-reception, pre-after-party. It was a bit sad when I took it out to go to bed. There's a pic at the end here:
http://www.weddingbee.com/2009/08/18/love-by-the-bay-hair-stylin-and-profilin/

1/06/2010  
Blogger Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

I wore fresh flowers in my hair, but they do get alittle sad by evenings end. A vintage clip would be lovely (the one with the feathers is my fav). Just see what looks best with your hair and feels right to you. You are going to look amazing!

xo,
cristin

1/06/2010  
Blogger Daniella said...

Ah! I've been looking for a jewelled hair clip... I must check out ALDO...

As far as for weddings, my friend who recently got married had a small netted veil that just covered her head and curved across her face... it was so pretty, but with the added flower/feathery/jewelled clip, it looked amazing! Totally went with her simple dress...

1/06/2010  
Anonymous Kristi Stevens said...

I love the rosette.

Of course, after what happened to my hair last week in Portland when my best friend from college was married, I would have given anything to have a hair piece to help distract from what the hairdresser did to my hair.

Any of these choices will be lovely.
K

1/07/2010  
Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

I think they are beautiful! Check out Simply Seductive -- she recently did a post, also, and there are a few additional ideas there...

I think with your hair and complexion, go for it :)

1/07/2010  
Blogger Apt. #34 said...

I'm all about the hair piece! Weighing my options right now too, commercial, etsy, homemade - it's a tough decision!

1/08/2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home