4.07.2010

Inspiring Home Décor: Apartment 34

Hi All! This is Erin from Apartment 34. As a fellow bride-to-be I couldn't be happier or more excited for Caitlin and totally tickled to guest blog for her while she's off entering into wedded bliss.

Caitlin tasked me with picking a room in our house inspires me and why. Unfortunately, I have to publically admit that, in the midst of getting engaged and wedding plan, creating an inspiring home has moved to the back burner. It's ok though. It's next on the to-do list. For now, I continue to rely on other people's home for inspiration..

To stay to (somewhat) true to Caitlin's task I did manage to narrow my focus to one inspirational room. For me that would be the kitchen, hands down. It is the heartbeat of any home after all and a truly inspirational kitchen puts me in a good mood instantly.



My criteria for a good kitchen are relatively simple. Apron sinks. Awesome light fixtures. Gorgeous floors. Open shelving. Maybe a mix of modern and rustic. It has to be a room I'd happily spend an entire day in.

Someday, I'll get my dream kitchen do exactly that!

*E

Photo credits (kitchen with wood floor kml design, kitchen with dog unknown, kitchen with great lightbulb chandelier unknown, eat in kitchen from delight by design)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

great picks Erin!

4/07/2010  
Blogger Amanda Blair said...

I love the last one with that cozy table attached. I could totally see a family having dinner there every night.

4/07/2010  
Blogger Apt. #34 said...

Thanks ladies, though the typos have me blushing!

4/07/2010  
Blogger Logan said...

Hmm, that yellow trellis wallpaper has me swooning! Great choices!

4/07/2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home