1.04.2011

perfect balance

In this month’s issue of Covet Garden it features photographer Tracy Schumate’s home. It's just the right balance of a rustic country house and a scandinavian home. There are definitely a few things I'm going to steal from Tracy's home - the giant chalkboard (it's amazing - need to find one stat!) and the fabulous calendar.

To read the entire feature, go here.

*Photos: Covet Garden

Labels: , , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Rashon Carraway said...

I really like the rustic nature of many of these images. So cozy.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

1/04/2011  
Blogger wishful nals said...

love that giant chalkboard.

1/04/2011  
Blogger Laurel-Dawn McBurney said...

this space is fabulous... I love the ease of the look- how casual it feels while still being SO charming and full of style!

abodelove.blogspot.com

1/04/2011  
Blogger C. Anne said...

I love the bedside image, its the perfect place for piles of books (just what I need) yet looks elegant and lovely!

1/04/2011  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

perfect! Love that mix!

1/04/2011  
Blogger jessica | destined to design said...

Wow, loving everything about that first image. Especially the chalkboard.

1/04/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That chalkboard is fabulous! I love to see homes that embrace the old-world eclectic.
- Vanessa Elizabeth

1/04/2011  
Anonymous marzena said...

a beautiful space and so many wonderful details that are incredibly charming...

i wish you all the best for the new year caitlin! may all your wishes come true...

1/04/2011  
Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I loved this home tour, too. It has this great thrown together, relaxed feel about it.

1/04/2011  
Blogger Audrey said...

My favorite is photo nr.3, but it´s a beautiful home.

1/04/2011  
Blogger Tari said...

AHHH! Its amazing!

1/04/2011  
Blogger Jennifer Young said...

sooo much goodness in these images! i have yet to check out covet garden! inspired!
j.

1/04/2011  
Blogger quintessence said...

Love this fabulous space. Feels like an old school loft!! Have always loved the Stendig calendar but have absolutely no idea where you would get a spectacular chalkboard like that!

1/04/2011  
Blogger Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I love the giant chalkboard!

1/04/2011  
Blogger Jackie said...

I find my style evolving into something very similar to this as of late. Thanks for the inspiration!

1/04/2011  
Blogger walrus studio said...

In love with this!

1/04/2011  
Anonymous ...like a rolling stone. said...

the color palette, the globes, the ladder, the chalkboard! ack! so beautiful!

1/04/2011  
Blogger Karena said...

Very cool images, The spaces are amazing!

Happy New Years!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

1/04/2011  
Blogger Michelle Lee said...

first visit to your blog
love this post :)


please review my revitalash post and ask me questions at:
http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com/2010/12/todays-look-revitalash.html

1/05/2011  
Blogger Global Atelier said...

LOVE these images and so happy to have discovered Covet Gardens. Thanks for the heads up - I love how they seem to photograph real people's homes. Refreshing look!!

1/05/2011  
Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

great place... I really like the large chalkboard, clothing rack and lucite table.

1/05/2011  
Anonymous bussbuss said...

This makes me want to scrap everything I own and start fresh. It's very Marfa. Love it!

1/08/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

two months ago i ran into a problem which is typical of many of us ! what to do and how to go on living, I can not understand ((I have stopped smiling at ALL!!!! :( yes!!,i have bad teeth because of heredity ... why it so? Teeth is the first thing you see when meet everybody,or doing smth like this, I found a solution in putting lumineers ! and i can say it has 100%result!!,i will advice that i promise you!

1/15/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home