2.22.2011

kitchen: which one do you adore?

There is something about each of these kitchens that strikes my fancy. I keep going back and forth about whether I would want a rustic or more modern kitchen in my next home. Which one is calling your name?

Photos: 1. Melanie Acevedo, 2. that kind of woman, 3. + 4. Room 269, and 5. Pinterest

Labels: , , , ,

44 Comments:

Anonymous B. in the Know said...

I adore the second one - but it may be because I adore the colors of the whole space the most!
Much love,
B

2/22/2011  
Blogger Janie | We Heart Paper said...

I absolutely LOVE the first kitchen. I'm always attracted to mostly white, very bright rooms. It just makes me super happy. It'll be a long time before we'll have a kitchen of our own to decorate and reno. A girl can dream, right?

2/22/2011  
Blogger Olivia said...

obsessssed with #1

2/22/2011  
Blogger Dana Gastelum said...

I love #2 - has to be the ladder and huge window that's got me smitten!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Shannon said...

The first one is perfection. (Love your blog, by the way! I just found it last week.) :)

2/22/2011  
Blogger Fern and Feather said...

I adore them all but I would have to say the one with the ladder. what a perfect kitchen!!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Elise / Pennyweight said...

Can I have them all please? ;) I think the top two are my very favorites. Love!!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Color Collective said...

I would kill for any of these!!! Lovely!

2/22/2011  
Blogger carolyn said...

#2 and #3 please! although they are all gorgeous...

2/22/2011  
Blogger redbrickbuilding said...

Definitely the rustic look for me. The first one and the last one are both charming.

2/22/2011  
Blogger courteneykay said...

I am having a hard time deciding between #1 and #2. So, I want both! :)

2/22/2011  
Blogger Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Jenna's cookery is the stuff of dreams.
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

2/22/2011  
Blogger gia said...

Love #2 the best!

2/22/2011  
Blogger nora chou said...

second kitchen is definitely on the top of my list!! absolutely gorgeous!

nora

www.norachou.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/norachou

2/22/2011  
Blogger Amy said...

I love the contrast of dark and light furnishings in the second kitchen. I recently took a cooking class in SF and my instructor had a very similar kitchen in his condo, and had his shelves filled with jars of flour, sugar, baking utensils and chocolate. I can't imagine a place better to cook than something like that!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

That for me is an impossible question, a mix and match of every single one! too much beauty all together!

2/22/2011  
Blogger About Last Weekend said...

All are gorgeous and like you I go back and forth about rustic - more comfortable and comforting and colourful - and modern, fresh and tidies more easily. In the end picked the second to last, modern, though LOVE the blue in the final one

2/22/2011  
Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

The last one gets my vote!

2/22/2011  
Anonymous Cat @PerpetualPerfection said...

I have to say I LOVE the simple little kitchen with the great farm sink and french blue cabinets. Simple and peaceful to me.

www.perpetualperfection.blogspot.com

2/22/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving these kitchens. esp. with the tiny one in my apartment right now :)
xo Lisa

2/22/2011  
Blogger Savvy in San Francisco said...

I love the first one! Gorgeous!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Emma said...

second!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Sabby V said...

I totally love the modern feel of #1 and #4 and will definitely have a white kitchen the next time around.

SAbrina
http://missworkingirl.blogspot.com/

2/22/2011  
Anonymous The Vintique Object said...

Caitlin, are you finding this instructive? So many different responses. I'd choose the last one two reasons: It seems small and cozy; it's anti-over-designed. And I really like the green fixtures with blue cabinets too.

2/22/2011  
Blogger Sal {Daniel and I} said...

I can totally see myself in one and four! Plenty of bench space and a nice gas stove top! Perfect!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Roxy Te said...

Hi Caitlin! I'm afraid you're asking the wrong person hahah Once I choose one, I always want the other. My current place looks like a loonie. Modern in one room, rustic in the other..and there are only two rooms besides a bathroom! Next time I think I'm going to try to mix the two..hopefully it won't turn out looking psychotic!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

Must I pick just one?! I guess the first one - but I would happily take ANY of these gorgeous kitchens!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Brandi said...

I will take them all! But honestly, something about the one with the ladder in it made me weak in the knees. I can so imagine myself working in there.

2/22/2011  
Blogger Lisa Maria said...

I keep going back and forth between the first and the second, but I think the first is my favorite.

2/22/2011  
Anonymous Becca said...

Loving Jenna Lyon's kitchen. First one all the way!!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Danielle Moss said...

1st & 2nd are my favorites!

2/22/2011  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Jenna's kitchen is #1 for me- I only wish I could keep mine so simple and clean!

2/22/2011  
Blogger onlycoolcats said...

#2 is really nice and also #4 maybe too cold and laboratory, but I love the typical scandinavian style.

2/23/2011  
Blogger lisaroy said...

how about the first one with some of the last one thrown in? :)

2/23/2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

love them all.

2/23/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4 for me please! love the clean and modern look...

xo,
joAnn

2/23/2011  
Anonymous Trish said...

#1 - tough decision - they're all fab.
ox t

2/23/2011  
Blogger Emily said...

Oh! Number one has long been a favorite of mine :)

2/23/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, all of these...heavenly. Will never tire of that first shot.

2/23/2011  
Anonymous mehgan said...

I love the first one. I think it is a good mix of rustic and modern. If you can't decide on which, why not both? That's what I'm working towards with my kitchen.

2/24/2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

#1 is probably closest to what I would ultimately want (and what I hope to accomplish in our own kitchen remodel project) but that wheeled latter in #2 and all that open shelving is just UH.MAY.ZING.

xxx

2/25/2011  
Blogger Lucy said...

the 1st one is perfection...but i love all of them

2/26/2011  
Anonymous Melissa said...

They are all lovely, but #3 looks like the one I'd feel most at home in. The framed art and casual feel really got me.

2/28/2011  
Blogger Grant K. Gibson said...

#1!

2/28/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home