7.07.2011

Sneak Peek of Our Apartment on Design*Sponge!

It's been a secret dream of mine to be featured on Design*Sponge - yes, I'm a such a nerd. When I sent Grace the images of my apartment my heart was beating so incredibly fast I thought I might have a heart attack. I didn't know if they would love them or hate them, but then I received an email back with a huge “yes” in it. I immediately called upon Michelle Drewes, a talented photographer that I've worked with before. Her eye and aesthetic match perfectly with my style. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our home.

To top it all off, Michelle created a beautiful video - I literally got tears in my eyes when it popped into my inbox. Please sit back, turn up the volume and enjoy a little something extra.

Thank you all for the support and sweet comments over on Design*Sponge! It means the world to me to have your ongoing support and don't worry I'll be posting lots of outtakes next week!

Also, thank you Grace and Amy for the lovely feature - means the world to me!

Video by Michelle Drewes for Sacramento Street

Labels: , , , , ,

34 Comments:

Blogger Luke Hoy said...

CONGRATS! Very Beautiful video!

7/07/2011  
Anonymous Susan said...

Beautiful space, congrats!! It's also a secret dream of mine ;)

7/07/2011  
Blogger Elise / Pennyweight said...

So lovely, Caitin!!! What a beautiful place to call home...seems so relaxing and peaceful!

7/07/2011  
Blogger Daniella said...

Aw, very cute! Can't wait to see some outtakes!

7/07/2011  
Anonymous Beth C said...

Congratulations! Your home is so beautiful! Any chance we could see a picture of the entire space or a floor plan?

7/07/2011  
Blogger Linda [Forever Champagne] said...

Absolutely gorgeous decor and love the video as well. Congratulations!

7/07/2011  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

sweet sweet perfection! very happy for you Caitlin, you have created the perfect home xo

7/07/2011  
Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I may be a colour lover, but THIS is how to do white right.

7/07/2011  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Thank you all for the kind words about our apartment - means so much to me!!

Elise - I look forward to coming home everyday.

Helena - Thank you my dear. You're so sweet!!

Will - Coming from you that means the world to me! xx

7/07/2011  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Beth C - I'll work on a floor plan to show everyone! Thanks for asking!!

7/07/2011  
Blogger Uncle Beefy said...

Nothing short of perfection, Caitlin! Well deserved feature indeed! Go on with yer stylish self! :) Yay for you!

7/07/2011  
Blogger Kim said...

absolutely love your feature (and the video!)...congrats! i would also love to see a floorplan of your space...it looks way larger than a studio!

7/07/2011  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Uncle Beefy - I will definitely be going on with my stylish self ;) Thanks for the support!!

Kim - Already working on a floor plan to reveal next week with the detail posts on where things are from.

7/07/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful video and apartment! Congratulations!

http://n-drewblog.blogspot.com/

7/07/2011  
Blogger  birdie to be said...

Gorgeous post & home! Congrats!

7/07/2011  
Blogger christine donee said...

that is awesome! congrats on getting your nerdy dream! ;)

7/07/2011  
Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Lovely, Caitlin! I look forward to seeing more :)

Hope you are having a wonderful week — congratulations on this great news...

xx, Sarah

7/07/2011  
Blogger kay* said...

what a lovely home you have!

just found your blog thanks to danielle over at breakfast at toast and timing couldn't be more perfect - i love house tours :)

lovely blog too!

7/08/2011  
Anonymous Calli | Wedding Favors said...

Congrats! Your apartment is so beautiful and it really deserves to be featured. :)

7/08/2011  
Anonymous Emma at The Marion House Book said...

Your place looks amazing. I love all the white and the first few seconds of the video with the tree gently swaying in the background is magical.

7/08/2011  
Blogger Megan said...

Who did the song that is featured along with your beautiful apartment? I'd love to know!

7/08/2011  
Blogger Macy Young said...

It's so fabulous! I can't wait to see the rest! Thanks for sharing the video!

xo,
http://www.toastsandspills.blogspot.com/

7/08/2011  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Megan - the song is “Half Acre” by Hem. One of my favorite songs! So glad you liked it!!

7/08/2011  
Blogger Marie said...

Just WOW!
xx Marie

7/08/2011  
Blogger KC said...

how beautiful and inspiring! congrats :)

7/08/2011  
Blogger Christian Guevara said...

oh my goodness.....such a lovely space, Caitlin! Thank you for sharing. It has such a serence vibe!

-Christian
chicdelight.blogspot.com

7/08/2011  
Blogger About Last Weekend said...

Beautiful videos and stunning photos. Your apartment is an idyll in a busy world, so serene, love all the whitesand the old woods...

7/09/2011  
Blogger Stephanie @labelleinfrance said...

With your talents, it's no surprise! Congratulations! Enjoy the spotlight and dream come true. :)

7/09/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You have a very lovely apartment!!!

7/10/2011  
Anonymous classiq said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful home! :)
Ada

7/11/2011  
Blogger Lou said...

Such a great home! looks amazing and must make you so happy.

http://thekeypieces.blogspot.com

7/11/2011  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Can you share the brand/store of your white television? Thanks!

7/11/2011  
Blogger With Style and Grace said...

WOW! I'm speechless. That video was incredible and couldn't be happier for you - truly a beautiful piece of art. love. xx

7/11/2011  
Blogger Grant K. Gibson said...

YEAH, YEAH you!

7/11/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home