9.07.2011

lighting: which one do you adore?

Sometimes I feel like lighting gets put on the back burner when someone is thinking about designing a space, but for me it's an important focal point in any room. Whether you are designing a dining room, living room, kitchen or bedroom - it matters. Lighting makes a huge statement whether people realize it or not. It can set the entire mood for a space.

There are so many different looks you can go for with lighting. Sleek, sophisticated, feminine, modern or retro. They come in all shapes, colors and sizes - there's truly a light fixture for everyone.

Do you have a favorite light fixture? Or would you put any of the above seven light fixtures in your home?

Labels: , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger claire said...

Ooo I love Number Two and Five. x

9/07/2011  
Blogger jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

no6! so whimsical and modern!
xoxo jillian:: enter to win Upper Metal Class Jewelry

9/07/2011  
Blogger Valerie Wills Interiors said...

Number 5..... gorgeous!

9/07/2011  
Blogger Kendra said...

5 is definitely my favorite! I love the rustic feel of that whole room... especially the chalk board!!
 PIECE OF CAKE. PEACE OF MIND.

9/07/2011  
Anonymous simplygrove said...

All of them! But 3 is pretty cool!!!

9/07/2011  
Blogger Savvy in San Francisco said...

I love number one! I love the vintage look of it!

9/07/2011  
Anonymous Chelsea said...

I love the first! They executed this look well, mixing the glam and rustic. Xoxo

9/07/2011  
Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

i love the rustic-country elements of number five!

9/08/2011  
Blogger Jenni said...

No 4 would be my favourite!

9/08/2011  
Anonymous SarahW said...

3 and 5, but they are all great choices!

9/08/2011  
Blogger paula said...

normally number 1 wouldn't be my first choice, but in that setting its gorgeous!

9/08/2011  
Anonymous Molly said...

Number 1 - my mama has a chandelier just like it and it's such a treasure. I'd love it with some modern dining chairs and a farm table

9/08/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! 1,3,4 and 6 are nice..... can I have all of them? =p

9/08/2011  
Blogger Sarah @ Designs Good said...

number 5 for me please!

9/08/2011  
Blogger Barbie // Fringe and Feathers said...

I'm partial to number 1 ;) I adore it. I have a smaller pearl drop chandelier that's similar to this one. And actually, I love everything about Christiane's apartment!

Thanks so much for sharing!

9/08/2011  
Blogger The Pocket Stylist said...

I adore 1,4 and 6!! These are lovely in their settings!!

9/08/2011  
Blogger Natalie said...

#6 just to answer the question...but can we talk about the tables?? Because those are all show stoppers. I especially love #2.

(yay for my first comment on your blog...so overdue!)

9/08/2011  
Anonymous The Vintique Object said...

It's hard for me to pick one without considering the entire room and how the lighting and the table, chairs, art etc. play off one another. I love adore one and four for their mix of styles.

9/08/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home