8.07.2009

House Envy: Jenna Lyon's Brooklyn Townhouse



Livingetc is one of my new favorite home decorating magazine. In their September issue they feature J. Crew's creative director Jenna Lyon's simple, elegant and chic Brooklyn townhouse. After two years of renovations and decorating Jenna and husband, Vincent Mazeu now have their dream home. One of my favorite lines in the article is how Jenna approaching interior design. She explains, "My trick has been to approach each area like putting together an outfit. You might start with an old pair of jeans, a cashmere cardigan, or a floral belt, and work around that central fashion statement." I never thought about interior design in that way but now it totally makes sense. 

The George Sherlock sofa is outstanding. It adds the pop of color that people often don't have in their home or are too afraid to use. Another favorite of mine is the chandelier. Not only is it beautiful by itself but with the reflection in the mirror it adds even more impact to the room. Oh, I forgot to mention Jenna's outfit. If only I could work a J. Crew. Sigh.

What can I say. I wish I had windows that opened up like these. Plus, look at the beautiful trees. 

I'm usually not a big fan of black walls but in Jenna's house they work so well. I love the way the fireplace pops out of the wall because of the drastic contrast between the fireplace and walls. 

I've always been a fan of bedrooms and bathrooms being attached in this was. To me, it would make me feel like I had my own little abode in my very own house. Plus, the fact that if doesn't have a shower curtain. Oh la la!

This is my FAVORITE part of every apartment, especially this one. I mean why wouldn't it be. Plus, the fact that it's filled with everything J. Crew is truly divine. She's changed her closet since her apartment was photographed in Domino. I love the fact that everything is exposed. I would kill to have a rolling rack of clothes and to have shelves for my shoes like Jenna does. One thing that is unique about Jenna and Vincent's dressing room is that it's decorated like another room in their apartment. If I had a dressing room, I would do the same.

Don't miss of out of picking up the September issue of Livingetc. I promise it's worth it!

{photo's courtesy of Livingetc}

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home