Obsession + Inspiration
My first stop in Portland is always a trip to Saint Maine. It’s an amazing interior design store that will end up hurting your wallet. Trust me, I know from experience.
I’ve been dreaming for over a year about a navy blue velvet chair and round ottoman set that I saw there recently. I thought it would’ve been sold by now, but no, it’s sticking around to torture me every time I walk into the store. Since I’m still in love with it, I’ve been trying to figure out how to incorporate blues into my décor at home. Currently, my apartment is decorated in white, chocolate brown and hints of green everywhere (mostly in the kitchen and bathroom).

This image has helped me visualize adding blues into my décor. I love the midnight blue walls in the above photo, which offset the cream sofa, white painted side table and white lamp. The taupe armchair and sofa create a cozy but sophisticated living room. I also love the ottoman coffee table that matches the walls. I think that choosing accessories that go with the room's main color helps tie the dark walls and pale furnishings together.
{photo courtesy of flickr}
Labels: inspiring apartment, room


1 Comments:
Love the midnight blue walls ! Bx
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home