Wednesday Wedding: Elizabeth Dye
After my first year of college I few home to Portland for the summer to find a job and I ended up working at the English Department with owner Elizabeth Dye. Back then it was filled with ready-to-wear clothing and only one rack of wedding dresses. Now, it's transformed into a beautiful bridal boutique where you can find gorgeous one-of-a-kind wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses.
When I asked Elizabeth what her inspiration was behind her Spring 2010 collection she said "my inspiration for the collection was heroines of English literature—writers and characters—so I called the collection “Heroines.” I wanted to make dresses that feel pretty and romantic but are still perfectly practical for bicycling down a country lane. Okay, maybe you couldn’t bicycle in all of them, but you know what I mean." Read below to read what Elizabeth has to say about the two dresses I adore.
"This dashing party dress is made from silk shantung and English tulle. Silk bodice with sweetheart neckline and princess seams is embellished at the waist with a scalloped band of vintage Alençon bridal lace and a whimsical tulle ruffle."
"This dear little dress would be perfect for a wedding by the sea. Alençon lace bodice with slight sweetheart neckline is embellished all over with delicate ruffles of silk chiffon and strewn with vintage pearl beads."
I wish I could change into one of these dresses for my reception. They seem like they'd be so much fun to dance in. Don't you think?If you live in Portland be sure to go to Elizabeth's fashion show on January 31st. For more information go here.
Thanks Elizabeth for the beautiful wedding dress inspiration!


2 Comments:
What a wonderful post, Caitlin :)
I adore not only the pieces, but the softness and the look of the entire shoot. (The perfect model, too) It's wonderful to know a bit about the concept for the design and how it came about -- it makes the pieces even more special, as they have built-in meaning...
xo,
Sarah
I so want to wear one of her dresses for our city hall ceremony!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home