1.18.2011

culinary oasis

I've been saving lots of images of kitchens lately, I don't know why, but it's possibly due to the fact that ours is tiny. I dream of having a big kitchen where everybody can hang out. This one in particular I love - the all white and stainless steel is very nice. It makes for a clean look. The only thing I would change is the light fixer. I envision something bigger and a little more rustic. What do you think?

Photo by Per Gunnarsson

12 Comments:

Blogger TERI REES WANG said...

Really, sometimes the tiniest of kitchens can be brought back into the light of charm, simply by having a good scrub down...inside and out.

My general rule, is to ditch the upper cupboards, and replace them with open shelves, and a collection of your most favored plates, that actually get used and loved daily.

The other is, everything below the waist (counter) gets a dark color, and all above the waist (counter) gets to stay in the bright white.

And, Yes...lighting must be placed with intention.

These three easy changes, will alter any kitchen into a bigger, brighter, major player.

Cheers!

1/18/2011  
Blogger misshannie said...

Yes, I do love white in a kitchen, as long as it has a rustic feel. I'm not a fan of a minimalist kitchen so I do prefer wood, I must say. However both kitchens are divine!

Hannie - Tea and Biscuits
xoxo

1/18/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so serene, Caitlin. I love this take on French Country.
- xo, Vanessa Elizabeth

1/18/2011  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh how I'd love to have that kitchen in my home!!

Happy Tuesday Darling! xo

Oh, and stop by my blog and sign up for the swimsuit GIVEAWAY!

1/18/2011  
Blogger Global Atelier said...

Wow - stunning images! Thanks.

1/18/2011  
Anonymous Jordana @ White Cabana said...

That basil...I can almost smell the freshness! Almost.
-Jordana

1/18/2011  
Anonymous Anna said...

White does have my heart.
I also love the open shelving, and how nice it is to have a herb plant to look after, and compliment the kitchen with its scent.

Ahhh, now I'm dreamy for a new kitchen.

1/18/2011  
Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Take me to that kitchen, like, now, please! Stunning!

1/19/2011  
Anonymous lark + linen said...

I kind of like the light fixture! It just bugs me that it's hanging in the middle of nowhere... I want to photoshop it so that it's above the island, but perhaps I'm just a little anal

1/19/2011  
Anonymous lucy@fourwallsandaroof said...

I do like this kitchen. The stainless steel shelves, scrubbed table, white floors... But I agree about the light fitting. And about the need for a large kitchen! San Francisco kitchens are generally pretty small, I think. I too am dreaming about a big open kitchen where everyone can hang out.

1/19/2011  
Anonymous Tamara, Bella Boho said...

I like the fixture, it's rustic and sweet. Perhaps a bit small for the space, three of them would be perfect =)

Tamara

1/21/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this kitchen! So rustic and comfortable! Everything looks so "real"!

1/22/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home