3.02.2011

a pop of color: mustard

On these cold winter days a glimpse of sunshine goes a long way in my book. Because of this and the current rain in the forecast, I thought a burst of mustard was in order.


This color has been calling my name for a couple of years now. My love for this color first began when I purchased a cashmere cardigan from Erica Tanov that was mustard colored and my love for it has never faded. Maybe it's because it puts me in a happy mood, but I think it's equally as wonderful in fashion and interiors - ahhh, I just want to eat it up!

Labels: , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

one of my new faves, I have a couple of clothing items and adore them!

3/02/2011  
Blogger Sugar said...

I am totally in love with that second picture. The flowers are a gorgeous touch.

3/02/2011  
Anonymous Vanessa Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the deep tones of a great, rich yellow! It's so sensual.

3/02/2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh holy cow! I am in LOVE with that dress. if only i had it for this years mardi gras ball (:

3/02/2011  
Blogger Daily Cup of Couture said...

I totally agree with you! This color is amazing! I have a skirt in mustard that I can't stop wearing!

xx

3/02/2011  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

Mustard yellow is one of my favorite colors for spring! I don't have nearly enough of the color around though, so will be keeping an eye out for more!

3/02/2011  
Blogger C. Anne said...

That skirt is like a glorious pool of Sunshine! Spring must-have.

3/02/2011  
Blogger shanners said...

love mustard and absolutely love that skirt!

3/02/2011  
Blogger ephemerette said...

It's funny I'd never been very keen on yellowy tones but all of a sudden I developed a lust for it late last year after I found beautiful vintage mustard leather bag in a thrift shop -looks fantastic used sparingly in interious too!

3/02/2011  
Anonymous classiq said...

One of the colours I've been craving lately. How wonderful it looks with that pale shade of pink and with the silver midriff on the dress!
Ada

3/03/2011  
Blogger Alice Olive said...

This is a beautiful colour and the images you've selected are perfect!

3/03/2011  
Blogger gia said...

fun stuff. would love something in that color! I wouldn't have thought it though.

3/03/2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love mustard! I just scored mustard scarf from Target yesterday!

3/03/2011  
Blogger Molly McGonigle said...

So beautiful -- I love the second photo. I'd love to sit on the chair and stare at those flowers all afternoon.

3/03/2011  
Anonymous carrie leber said...

the key seems to be to use just a bit of it - I used to have mustard colored walls and did they get old fast. love these looks.

3/03/2011  
Blogger carolyn said...

totally agree - it was all over fashion week too! i love it.

3/03/2011  
Blogger Barbie // Fringe and Feathers said...

The first image is sheer perfection! I NEED the entire outfit! Beautiful post.

3/06/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home