8.23.2011

foyer: which one do you adore?

The foyer is the room that greets you as soon as you step through the front door of any home. This space often gets neglected but it shouldn't be because your foyer is usually where first impressions are made. When you walk into a home the first thing you see is the foyer - it sets the mood for the entire home. In our home we went for a simple understated look with a round chocolate wood table and a french bistro chair. Whatever the size of your foyer, you should make the most of it!

How would you decorate your entryway? Chime in!

Photos: 1. skona hem 2. design sponge 3. photographed by Francois Halrad 4. elle decor 5. design sponge 6. home life

Labels: , , , , , ,

37 Comments:

Blogger Apt#34 said...

ha! I almost posted about entryways today :) likeminded already xo

8/23/2011  
Blogger Lara {simply irresistible} said...

Definitely digging the simplicity of one, the black and silver in three, and the dog in five! They are all beautiful though! xo

8/23/2011  
Anonymous Maggie Rose said...

#2 and #5! We enter into a little hallway, but I have big plans for it. Color and art go a long way :)

8/23/2011  
Blogger Caryl @ www.heycaryl.com said...

Love #1. Love #5 and the dog too. :)

8/23/2011  
Blogger Cori Magee said...

Love #5...has so much personality!

8/23/2011  
Blogger Daniella said...

Love #4 but I think it's the branches that give it that special touch!

8/23/2011  
Blogger mina said...

i love the first one! so natural

8/23/2011  
Anonymous Pretty Unpretentious said...

Loving 1. But who could resist the wallpaper of 5? Fabulous!

8/23/2011  
Blogger Jessica Rowe {The Aestate} said...

Cute dog + fun wallpaper= Love #5!
Sleek and glam #6 is a close second though.

8/23/2011  
Anonymous Igor Josif said...

Love #2 and the use of bold wood and art. Adorable!

8/23/2011  
Blogger CAMILLE STYLES said...

Love #6 - there's something so polished and refined about it, yet totally restrained too. A beautiful "welcome home" everyday!

8/23/2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

#1 was picked so for a reason! love at first sight!

www.ThePantryDrawer.com

8/23/2011  
Blogger Rachel said...

Where's the love for No.3!? White moulding,greige walls,simple art...what's not to love?

8/23/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's three... I'm in love! Now mind you I'd remove whatever that "thing" is under the console but I love the bit of French whimsey in this space.

8/23/2011  
Blogger Monica said...

Love these! I would love a mixture of number 1's furnishings and 5's fancy paper. Love mixing styles.

8/23/2011  
Blogger ana said...

4 and 5 are my favorites right now. 4 seems so cozy and homey, like a much cooler version of my parent's house, while 5 seems like something I would do if my hubby-to-be would ever let me!

8/23/2011  
Blogger 411114 said...

really love all of them but my favourite is the last one...which one is yours?

love cherrybee

http://live-life-cherrybee.blogspot.com/

8/23/2011  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Loving all of these comments! Thanks for chiming in.

My favorites are number 1 and 4. Wish number 1 had big beautiful branches like number 4. So beautiful!

8/23/2011  
Anonymous Katie Widdowson said...

I love the simplicity & bold branches of #4 and the fun wallpaper & colorful accents of #5

8/23/2011  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

5 has always been one of my favourites, love the colours and the feeling

8/23/2011  
Blogger Sarah said...

Am loving 1,2 and 5!!!!

8/23/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no competition: numero 1.
the others are like wanna-be, poser, groupies.
xo,
katie

8/23/2011  
Anonymous Bridget said...

5. Definitely number 5. I love the colour - totally not my normal decorating style but that patterned wallpaper is gorgeous

8/23/2011  
Anonymous Bianca said...

Three and Five are calling my name... However wall paper still scares me...

8/23/2011  
Blogger Christina said...

number 2

8/23/2011  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I love 1 & 4....

Definitely something that I need to keep in mind as we renovate our house!

8/23/2011  
Blogger The Golden Girls said...

i vote #1, LOVE it! simple yet elegant, and a tranquil entrance :)
Golden White Décor

8/23/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 and 4 are lovely!!!! I love the dog in 5 and the wallpaper as well =)

8/23/2011  
Anonymous Casey said...

One. It feels so clean.

8/23/2011  
Blogger Amy said...

I love foyer 3. There's just something incredibly beautiful about the details of the space, from the checkered floors, the floral arrangement to the details on the chandelier. Amazing!

8/24/2011  
Anonymous SarahW said...

Definitely #1, less is less works for me. But loving the console in #3 and the light fitting in #6.

8/24/2011  
Blogger Global Atelier said...

#3 has definitely won my heart!

8/24/2011  
Blogger shelby h.k. said...

#5! :)

xx

8/24/2011  
Blogger RAENOVATE said...

FIVE, the dog won me over.

8/24/2011  
Blogger Cadence said...

Five is great because of the additional storage drawers provided by the chest. That would be great for gloves, extra keys, and other small items that accumulate in entry ways when people shed coats and outer gear. However, I'm not sure about the wallpaper. It might be a bit fussy for my taste. I love the blue though!

8/24/2011  
Blogger carolyn said...

4 and 5 are my faves! i always love adding wallpaper to a space like in 5.

8/24/2011  
Blogger April Robinson said...

love the third one, fourth, and sixth ones! all so different but have their own unique styles! the last one has such beautiful black flooring and that cool animal floor coverings ! so beautiful!! i have not decorated our foyer yet so thanks for the tips and thanks for sharing! :)

8/25/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home