10 Things That Make Me Happy: Little Brown Pen
Happy Monday! This weekend has been quite a blur - working on Rue, flying to San Diego for the SF Giants series and visiting Eric's family. It's great spending time with his family even though I have my computer on my lap or my iPhone in hand every single minute (sorry Gail). I have a feeling this week is going to be a doozy - late nights, working on finishing touches to each page of Rue and preparing/packing for New York. Can't wait.
Today I'm SUPER excited to have Nichole from Little Brown Pen, guest blogging about her "10 Things." I've been a follower of her blog for so long. I love how you are instantly transported to Paris when you click on her blog. It's like a mini vacation. If you haven't been - go!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hunger: A Novel
I loaned this book to a friend years ago (hey, Todd ... where is it?), and am in the mood to read it again. It's about a young writer trying to make a living. As he wanders the streets of Christiana (now Oslo), he deals with poverty, madness, hunger and a struggle to maintain his dignity. It's quite a ride as he pawns his possessions and descends into a self-induced cycle of elation and devastation.
Emile Henry Auberge Butter Pot
I like to keep a small portion of butter at room temperature and ready to melt effortlessly into a piece of toast. I recently broke the lid to mine, and this is a contender for a replacement.
Laptop Sleeve, Bird and Belle
I bought one of these last year, and need to replace it due to an unfortunate accident involving soy sauce.
Horatia, Kirby
These make me think of Jane Austen. And, since it's about time for my yearly screening of Pride and Prejudice, Jane is on the brain.
Reclaimed Elm Coffee Table, Restoration Hardware
What I really want is a $1600 table from Restoration Hardware, but this one is on sale and more in line with my budget.
Chunky Tassel Throw, West Elm
For Sunday afternoons this winter.Williams Sonoma Cupcake Cake Pan
The only thing bigger than a cake baked in this giant cupcake-shaped pan will be my sons' eyes when they see it.
I. Will. Own. This.
Gray Hat with Flower, Max Melody
I have two similar hats to this one that I've worn out. I never tire of them.
Concrete Pot, Old Red Hen
I don't know if the herbs I successfully grew in my garden will make it through the winter indoors, but I'm going to try.
Labels: 10 Things that Make Me Happy, guest post












6 Comments:
I LOVE that cool laptop sleeve!
What a treat to see Nichole posting over here, Caitlin! Plus, a great 10 things to book. Like Laura, I'm hankering after one of those grey felt laptop covers. Scrummy!
I love so many of your fave things! The hat, adorable. Also have to check out those Kirby prints.
If you pick up that messenger bag, get another for me! LOVE IT.
I LOVE my butter pot. Life changing. My husband stopped buying country crock and I don't have to worry about rancid butter. Really, I love it so much. And I had a gray wool cap with a flower on it that I wore out last winter. Thanks for the reminder that it needs to be replaced.
Love it all. Vintage and cozy!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home