3.16.2011

office: which one do you adore?





Desks and office spaces have always been fascinating to me - you get a glimpse of what a persons style and personality is like. Whether their messy or neat, like color or neutrals, it all comes out in their workspace. I've dug up some of my favorite office spaces, both oldies and newbies to see which one you'd want to transport yourself to for a days work. It's a tough decision, but I'm going to have to go with workspace number one but with a touch of number five (the bookshelves and lounge area). I'd love to know your favorite.

Photos: 1.
Lonny Magazine 2. Red Online UK 3. Skona Hem 4. Pia Jane Bijkerk 5. Matthew Patrick Smyth for Elle Decor, October 2006

Labels: , , , , ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a tough choice!!! When I saw the first one, I thought that was it. I loved them all. But, I think it's that last image that would make me work just a little harder!! :)

3/16/2011  
Blogger Beebs said...

Ahhh, tough call! I'm going to go for office space number 1, though I love them all xxxxxxx

alwaysxbeing.blogspot.com

3/16/2011  
Blogger Shannon said...

I LOVE number 5...and 1 is also beautiful. :)

3/16/2011  
Blogger Rashon Carraway said...

All of them are great in their own right. However, I am going to opt for number 1.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

3/16/2011  
Blogger Robyn Thompson said...

three!

3/16/2011  
Blogger Jeannine 520 said...

Number 5 by a mile.

3/16/2011  
Blogger Margaret Elizabeth said...

Ohh wow, love them all! I think each one inspires a different kind of work. The candlelit desk makes me want to sip a glass of wine and not work at all!

3/16/2011  
Blogger KC said...

mmmm. #3 and #5 but for different reasons and different projects. #3 for something creative and inspired, and #5 to get sh*t done!

3/16/2011  
Blogger Elise / Pennyweight said...

Hmm, this is a tough one! They are all so different... I would probably prefer 3 (feels like a beautiful French escape) or 4 (feels rich and full of history).

3/16/2011  
Blogger cait - pretty and fun said...

Pretty much obsessed with the office in that last picture - clean & organized while still being chic.

xo.

3/16/2011  
Blogger pobox607 said...

I'm loving the office of your first image. Those side by side windows and the overall aesthetic make me want to be working there right now! thank you for sharing! xo

3/16/2011  
Blogger Kayla said...

I need the last office. Definitely my favorite!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

3/16/2011  
Blogger etre-soi said...

definitely n°4, gorgeous !

3/16/2011  
Blogger Alicia Lund said...

I'll take the 4th office with candles, open windows, and that mirror please. and thank you! ;)

3/16/2011  
Blogger Alicia Lund said...

oops it's #3.

3/16/2011  
Blogger Global Atelier said...

I love them all!!! But I think I would choose the glass top desk with the gold leaf mirror to the side of it- all are beautiful.

3/16/2011  
Blogger Savvy in San Francisco said...

I love the last one with the bench! Gorgeous!

3/16/2011  
Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Hello Cailtin,

Without a doubt, the third. It's so elegant and open, I would loooove to be there. Hope you're having a great week so far, xo

3/16/2011  
Blogger Boxcar Goods said...

i find the first and third inspiring...

3/16/2011  
Blogger Kendall said...

the last image. the bookshelves and desk facing forward won it over for me...now if only i could find the space in my apartment to recreate. hmmm. great post!

3/16/2011  
Blogger christine donee said...

those first two are incredible! (however they look super comfortable too.. I can see myself getting distracted WAY too easily)

xoxo
Christine
www.aquietdetermination.blogspot.com

3/16/2011  
Anonymous B. in the Know said...

I love the first office - very Carrie Bradshaw.
Much love,
B

3/16/2011  
Blogger Suite Henry said...

The first or the last. Either. So lovely.

3/17/2011  
Blogger Life is a Runway said...

Hmm thats a hard one! I really like the first one, but i love the chaise in the last!

3/17/2011  
Anonymous The Vintique Object said...

One and four -- one because it looks cozy and four because it would be nice to take a nap when you get tired of working. -Camille

3/18/2011  
Anonymous Mariale said...

i love the first one! nice blog

3/21/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home